Premature Kitten Weighed 53.grams

Freebird71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello cat comunity I found this cat forum because my sons cat gave birth August 19th 2020 to a the tiniest kitten I have ever seen. Eight days later she gave birth to two more but they were stillborn. She left it cold, all dry and half alive behind the recliner in the room with our male boxer. A miracle story later and little dittle is
doing good but I have a few concerns about his eye and leg/hip. Does anyone have knowledge or
in premature births and care? Thank you
Tina

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I do have some knowledge in premature care. But this seems to have been solved by yourself, - perhaps in part tx to this male boxer?
So its essentially just to proceed.

What is about this leg and eye and hip is another thing. Do you want to describe it in your words more?? Possibly also more pics...

It may be so a vet is the best solution here: few vets are good at helping with weak kittens. But if there is a visible easy to diagnosticize problem, most vets are sufficiently good...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I can see that the kitten may be blind in one eye as it looks filmy. Can it see from the other eye?

The kitten is four weeks old now. How much does it weigh? What are you feeding, how much, and how often?

Is the kitten cutting baby teeth yet?

Can he walk or toddle, or what is happening with the hip and leg?

Has your son’s cat been spayed yet?

Thank you for saving this baby! :)

F Freebird71