Prelabor has begun!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know they are all going to be super loved and already come prespoiled once they go to their new homes.
That's absolutely wonderful, and isn't that the truth about having something so very pleasant for the quarantine?

Just in case these are helpful - although you sound as though you have things very well under control :)

How To Train Kittens To Use The Litter Box – Cat Articles

Weaning: How To Get Your Kittens To Eat On Their Own – Cat Articles

The Essentials Of Kitten Nutrition – Cat Articles

How Old Do Kittens Have To Be To Leave Their Mother? – Cat Articles

Let us know how things go as you-all make your way through this little adventure - I'm on cloud 9 just hearing about it :cloud9::heartshape::sunshine:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
In a forum where we often confront problems, it is very uplifting to hear that mom and kittens are doing so well! That is how it went with the ultra sweet, pregnant, stray tabby I took in a few years ago. She had 4 healthy kittens (one solid black and so soft) and all progressed beautifully. I had everyone fixed and kept them all. It’s 5 years later and I don’t regret my decision at all. Indeed, 4 more cats have been added to the household in the days since. I find that black cats have incredibly sweet personalities also!

It’s good that you are not letting your children handle the kittens yet. I always recommend children waiting a good 3 weeks. At that point the kittens’ eyes are open, they can regulate their own body temperatures, and they are toddling, but ready to explore a bit. Then it’s still limited and gentle handling.

Thank you for the lovely update! :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silentstar03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In a forum where we often confront problems, it is very uplifting to hear that mom and kittens are doing so well! That is how it went with the ultra sweet, pregnant, stray tabby I took in a few years ago. She had 4 healthy kittens (one solid black and so soft) and all progressed beautifully. I had everyone fixed and kept them all. It’s 5 years later and I don’t regret my decision at all. Indeed, 4 more cats have been added to the household in the days since. I find that black cats have incredibly sweet personalities also!

It’s good that you are not letting your children handle the kittens yet. I always recommend children waiting a good 3 weeks. At that point the kittens’ eyes are open, they can regulate their own body temperatures, and they are toddling, but ready to explore a bit. Then it’s still limited and gentle handling.

Thank you for the lovely update! :)
I have a special place in my heart for black cats. My very first cat of my own was a black cat when I was 7. My dad was Air Force and we had just moved to Guam. I had to leave my dog behind with my Aunt, so my parents promised me I could get another one once we got settled in. They took me to the pet store to pick one out, but I was drawn to this little black kitten. He was the ugliest and skinniest one of all of them. My parents tried talking me into picking out a "cute" kitten, but he was perfect in my eyes and I refused to settle for anything else. I named his Smut (black as smut). He went from being the tiniest little kitten to being a huge 28 pounds with bright green eyes. He was my best friend. We brought him back with us to the states when my dad got transferred here. I had him all the way through college. He passed away at 18 from old age. Since then black cats have always been my favorite.