Pregnant?

kae.pay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys :) I was hoping someone here could help me out. My girl Mimi just turned one, and during her last heat cycle she got out of the house twice. The first time, I witnessed her mating with a stray on our porch. It has been about 3 weeks since then, and I noticed her nipples sticking out the other day. I have also noticed her belly is getting fatter. She is half ragdoll and has very long hair on her tummy area, but the fur is starting to spread apart in places where the nipples are. They’re also raised to look like little balloons, but I can’t tell if they’re “pinking up.” I put a picture of her body yesterday, and a picture of one of her nipples today. I had to pick her up to take the picture of her nipples and she was squirming around, which concerns me :( I’m stressed out about even holding her thinking she might be pregnant. If she is pregnant, would something like picking her up, flipping her over (albeit gently) be enough to harm the babies? I want them to be safe.
Thanks

Attachments

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If she mated she is likely pregnant but I would not be concerned that picking her up or moving her so you can check her belly would hurt the babies or her. Cat are pregnant roughly 65 days so she has a ways to go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kae.pay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she mated she is likely pregnant but I would not be concerned that picking her up or moving her so you can check her belly would hurt the babies or her. Cat are pregnant roughly 65 days so she has a ways to go.
I appreciate the reassurance, that makes me feel better :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, the circumstances sounds as she is preg.
Observe, her kittens almost surely wont be copies of her, ie points.... Unless the father is a carrier of the point gene. IF so, half of the kittens will be points.
She is black (seal), possibly tabby (lynx). Im not sure if she is tabby or if its strong ghost markings... So kittens will be black or possibly, black tabbies.

Being preg is no disease... So as long you are normally gently, and she isnt sick nor fragile; normal handling of her should be OK...