Pregnant?

StormyCece

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys, this cat was found in the shed of our new home a few weeks ago, extremely underweight and riddled with worms/fleas. Asked everybody that lived around us if anybody knew her, nothing. We took her to the Vets to check for a chip and ofcourse not chipped, we posted on social media and nobody came forward. My son named her Matilda and we decided to keep her. We took her back to the Vets, discussed spaying, vaccinations and we wormed/flead her. She has been living with us inside and we haven't let her back out as the Vet advised spaying her once she was back up to health and had a bit more weight on her.

Anyway (sorry for the essay), I've noticed her abdomen has been increasing in size over the last 3 weeks or so, was hoping she was just gaining weight nicely as no changes in her nipples at all, they're still tiny and pale! But this was her last night (pictured) and I'm pretty sure she's pregnant, I've rang the Vets and they can't get her in until Monday, so I'm just wanting some opinions? Thanks

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
First off, thank you very much for taking her in. One less cat off the street is always good news for us cat lovers.

I am not a vet but it does look like she is pregnant. You took her in at the right time when she would need a safe space at her stage. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she looks pregnant, so no vaccines right now. Feed her well and prepare for kittens! Thank you for saving her! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StormyCece

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the replies. I know it will be practically impossible to tell accurately but does anyone have an idea of how far along she is? We've made her a couple of nests and she's still choosing to go under the cupboard which shes only started doing for the last week. I will probably have to confine her to a large cage with a nest and tray in when shes close to stop her having them under the cupboard 😒

Attachments