Pregnant Stray?

cclifford

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I'm new here and hoping to get some advice. We take care of ferals and strays on our property. About 2 weeks ago, we had 2 new cats show up to feed. All of our other cats have been spayed or neutered. After a week of feeding, one of the cats, a small female, has followed me into the house. We're calling her Lou, named after our beautiful little dog that passed the same day she followed us home (Lou was his middle name). She is obviously a stray and very sweet. We plan on taking her to see if she is chipped this week, but due to covid, my vet can't take her for an appointment until after July 17th. She is very under weight and I suspect young, but in great shape otherwise. I've noticed her nipples are very pronounced, and her tummy is a bit round compared to the rest of her little body (I'll post pictures). At first I suspected worms or heat, but she has no signs of either. I'm leaning towards believing she may he pregnant. It's been a long time since we've had litters of kittens, seeing that all of our females that live on the property are fixed. Any one have any thoughts to confirm my suspicions?

Thanks!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh yes, she definitely appears pregnant, so feed her well. I find orange cats to be so sweet-natured. She was clearly looking for a home, so thank you for taking her in. You’ll probably have kittens before that vet appointment in July! :lovecat2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cclifford

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Our (fixed male cat) Greyson, who strayed in a few years ago loves her. She seems so well adjusted already. We will continue to feed her well and give her tons of love and attention.

Attachments

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi.
Yep, I agree, she seems pregnant!
How is she?
Be sure to ask any questions on the forum if you have any 🙂