Pregnant Stray?

Abbey123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello everybody,
So a week ago I adopted a stray cat off the streets of cambodia who was very pregnant. I do not know how many days pregnant she is but I could feel the kittens moving a lot when I got her a week ago. Now she is the size of a basketball and she can barely walk and her milk has came in but no kittens yet? She lays in her nesting spot a lot and she’s barely eating but she’s showing no other signs of labor. She’s about 3 years old and from what I’ve heard from other people this is probably her fifth litter of kittens. Could she be having complications? She looks like she’s in so much pain.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A couple of days before delivery she will drop ie suddenly seem smaller basketball. And the kittens will move less and further down.

Do you have goats milk there? Its good supplement for her. Raw buffalo milk is ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abbey123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s dropped already, they’re far down and not moving at all now. No goats milk I’ll check for raw buffalo!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok, so its near now. A couple of days at most. But the waiting game isnt fun...

You can of course also use the commercially made kmr, kitten mothermilk replacements if you have them. Most brands are OK to use.
But Im a great fan of goats milk, and from other forumists in south east Asia I know buffalo milk is ok - much safer than cow milk from modern cows.

Unsweetened full fat youghurt is OK for cats to eat, though.

Btw, goats milk works also OK as a kmr, so its another reason why to try to have it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abbey123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The milk is for the mother cat right? Does it just get her more nutrients? This is my first time going through this so I’m learning. She’s just so uncomfortable she can barely walk and I feel terrible for her. She’s very skinny so I’m worried she may have some complications during labor

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The milk is for the mother cat right? Does it just get her more nutrients? This is my first time going through this so I’m learning. She’s just so uncomfortable she can barely walk and I feel terrible for her. She’s very skinny so I’m worried she may have some complications during labor
It's for mom for that reason, but also, if she for some reason can't nurse, it's a good stand-in for KMR (as StefanZ StefanZ said).

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes so some calcium rich food is extra good for her.