Pregnant Stray Pls Help

Nova16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's a 6 month old say that hangs around my house and a couple of weeks ago she showed up pregnant and every thing I've read says shes 6 to 8 weeks along. She is very round and big but shes a very small cat and her nippels are big and pink. She's been showing nesting behavior since Wednesday. I call her every couple of hours to come eat but today she didn't come so I went looking and couldn't find her. Should I expect kittens soon?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear. It's possible she has had the kittens somewhere. It's hard to say. Anything may have happened.

If she shows up still pregnant, can you bring her inside your home and keep her for now?

If she shows up smaller from having delivered, try to follow her and find the kittens and bring everyone to your home.

Being outside is not safe for mom and kittens.

If she's delivered, you may not see her for a day or so. Moms eat the placentas, which keeps her from being hungry right away.

Please let us know what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nova16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has just come back still pregnant unfortunately I'm fearfully to bring her in my home due to having 2 male cats, three birds and a physically inpaired dog that does not get along with other animals very well but I have made a nice safe place in my shed that only she can get in and if she doesn't chose to have them there I know where she likes to hang around. Thanks for the help but I still do not know when to expect them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nova16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can feel and see the babies moving and she's restless but I have just realized she has worms. What can I do to help her?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can give her a worm pill that you buy from a vet.

Ideally, you would put a tube of Advantage II on her neck to rid her of the fleas that cause the worms when ingested.

Bayer makes worm pills (praziquantel) that are safe for pregnant cats and get rid of tapeworms. It's sold in pet stores. A second dose is given 10 days later.

Kittens come about 2-3 weeks after you begin to see them move.

Do you have a spare room in your house you could dedicate to the mom for a few weeks?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely would recommend closing off a bedroom that she can raise her kittens in, or even a bathroom!