Pregnant queen about to labour?

Jenleas82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m not sure how far along my girl is but my daughter let her out around the 9th of September she was out for about a week hasn’t been out since and last week we woke up one morning to her tummy enlarged so I noticed straight away that a tom must’ve got to her as I’ve been watching her over the last week her nipples has gotten big, flakey, and hair is missing around them and she was carrying high two days ago. lastnight her tummy dropped, I noticed lastnight she was dragging her bum along the carpet walked over to check her and she had discharge so I’m guessing she’s about to have her kittens? She back and fourth to the litter. yesterday she was very affectionate today she doesn’t want anyone touching her stomach, meowing off and on and laying around a lot today which isn’t normal for her. my question is when do you think labor will start?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jenleas82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Babys are moving like crazy too and the last hour she seems like she’s in pain the way she walks to the litter.

Jenleas82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was away and she was home with my daughter. Apparently she kept crying and my daughter got sick of listening to her meowing the house down for hours so she let her out which I wasn’t happy about as she’s an inside cat and never been outside. I came home on the 14th and went looking for her and brought her back inside she hasn’t been out since. I’ve never had a cat be pregnant before so I’m a nervous reck trying to make sure she’s comfortable and ok.
She’s been pacing for anout an hour and constantly changing positions when she lays down.
move noticed her purring is louder then normal.
there’s been no more discharge today tho there’s a little bit dried up on her vag.

She also keeps having these rippling affects going in her back and tummy while she’s laying down and then wacks her tail on the floor?
I’d put a video up of her doing it but it will only let me attach pics no videos

Jenleas82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have her bed right next to mine so she can wake me or I hear her through the night.
It’s 2am and she’s finally in her bed falling asleep so I’m going to do the same incase it happens soon.
thanks for the responses will post once I see something odd again or when they get here!

Jenleas82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still no babies.
So she’s now purring but has this little meow like so soft like a mouse I’ve never ever heard her do this. I was checking to see if there was anymore discharge, her vag isn’t swollen but has a little opening to it, wasn’t like that yesterday? just went to change her litter and she’s now peeing and pooping outside of her litter tray, is this normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The vagina opening is a sign that her body is preparing for delivery. Is she perhaps licking the discharge away?

Going outside the box is her way of letting you know that she’s not feeling well. It’s not normal, but she’s never been pregnant or felt this way before.

Have you seen her pushing at all? I think you should call your vet today and get her checked. Cats can have dystocia, which is when contractions are not strong enough to get the kittens out. It requires a C-section. I’m wondering if she has a kitten stuck in the birth canal, which might be causing her pain, the soft meows, and the going outside the box.

J Jenleas82

Jenleas82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was checked by the vet this morning due to not feeling the babies move, they said they expect her to deliver within 24hours if she hasn’t started then to bring her straight back in bubs were doing good. They did an ultrasound said it looks like she’s carrying 4. Said I need to look out for clear discharge then it will be within 2 hours ( which I haven’t seen any unless she’s licked it)
I guessed the little opening is her dilating?
just in the last 30mins she’s been to the litter 4 times so they mustn’t be too far off?

Jenleas82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still no babies. I took her to the vet yesterday everything seems fine they said can be any day now but some cats go til 10weeks. Said I shouldn’t be concerned unless she seems very distressed.
She has fully gone off her food since lunch time today, she’ll go into the laundry smell her food and walk out won’t eat tho.
mage sees very uncomfortable constantly changing the way she lays every few seconds. I was taking a pic of her tonight and noticed a kitten dancing around and popped out very far tho must have been hurting my girl cause she changed positions pretty much straight away. Is it ok for her to lay flat on her tummy? She been doing that today.
Had a big male come to the front door yelling out to her, guessing that might be the dad? They had a bit of a talk through the screen and then he left. Never seen him around before so seemed very odd, like he knew what was going on and was coming to check on her? I informed her I hope she enjoyed her little hoeing around with him cause she’s no longer going back outside she’s grounded for life! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Anyway this is a pic of one of the kittens I captured dancing around inside. 🫶

Attachments

Jenleas82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My sweet girl has gone into labour.
how long does this normally take? Her mucus plug came out about 4hours ago. 2 hours ago she started purring rally louder than her normal purrs and had slight shaking in her legs/hip area she has been sleeping for the past hour.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is she doing now? First stage labor can go quick, or take 24 hours.