Pregnant kitty

Tinkbritt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. My cat got out not too long ago and came back pregnant. Yesterday while I was at work she gave birth to these two small sacs with nothing in them. Me and the bf think she might have lost the kittens but her belly is still kind of big. Can anyone help or give some insight?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She has likely miscarried 2 embryos that failed to develop due to genetic anomalies. It happens sometimes, and it’s quite possible that she’ll carry other kittens to full term.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would go ahead and make a spay appointment for her, and not let her outside in the meantime to mate again. She’ll live happier and healthier without heat cycles, mating, and reproducing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tinkbritt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m going to. I just don’t know if she still has anymore kittens in there or not. I was going to keep an eye on her and see what happens.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her belly has shrunk down some. She hasn’t had anything else come out since that
Could her pregnancy be about 60 days? If so, she could dropped now: it happens a couple of days before a normal deliver.

Otherwise, its because she got rid of these two empty foster sacks - and possibly is still preg with alive kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tinkbritt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s good. She’s been rly cuddly and meowing. Loving on my other cat. Following me around everywhere.