pregnant kitty please help :(

alyssah33663

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i’m new to this cat owning and currently my cat is pregnant, i’m not sure how far along she is because she’s an outdoor cat but has stayed inside during her pregnancy. she lost her mucus plug i’m 100% sure but now i’m not sure what to do.. she’s hot and you can feel the heat just by touching her head, she’s been eating normally and drinking little bits of water she also doesn’t seem to like her box set up for her babies. this is her first pregnancy so it’s also mine, i’m not sure what to do or how long to wait or what’s going on with her also her babies have been kicking super hard today and have been super active today more than any other day she keeps going to her litter box but not using it and she’s not a very vocal cat so she doesn’t really meow. if anyone could help i’d be very appreciative!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

alyssah33663

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she’s currently asleep right now but yes i saw ripples only twice about 30-40
It sounds like she may be in labor. Are you seeing ripples or waves down her sides?

Just watch her closely and let us know what happens. In the meantime, Here are helpful links to read:

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? – TheCatSite Articles

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth – TheCatSite Articles

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens! – TheCatSite Articles

Keep us posted!
minutes ago?

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It might be a good idea to give your vet a call, so they can discuss signs to look out for, and how to help her through the birth. Best of luck, would love an update!

alyssah33663

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It might be a good idea to give your vet a call, so they can discuss signs to look out for, and how to help her through the birth. Best of luck, would love an update!
so far she’s just been lazy and sleepy, tried the vet a couple times but no answer they are usually very busy during the weekdays kittens are still kicking but she’s seemed to not be bothered just uncomfortable

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's good news. Just keep an eye on her, she may be getting ready to give birth within the next 24 hours or so. Hope everything goes smoothly.

alyssah33663

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's good news. Just keep an eye on her, she may be getting ready to give birth within the next 24 hours or so. Hope everything goes smoothly.
she keeps digging around her box and near where her food is, she also keeps tossing her water around if that has to do with anything i’m not sure

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s beautiful! She may have another 1-2 weeks to go still. Hard to tell. Cats get very uncomfortable the last couple of weeks.

What makes you think she lost her mucus plug, which can actually come out up to a week before labor?

alyssah33663

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s beautiful! She may have another 1-2 weeks to go still. Hard to tell. Cats get very uncomfortable the last couple of weeks.

What makes you think she lost her mucus plug, which can actually come out up to a week before labor?
thank you! i’ve been doing a lot of research since i’ve found out she was pregnant and this morning when she came into my room and i was watching her turn around to jump off my bed i saw it and i looked up what it could be and what it looked like and it looked exactly like all the pictures i saw

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, then she will have her kittens anytime beginning now to the next few days.

alyssah33663

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you i’ll keep you updated!
recently today her stomach has been very jumpy i’m not sure how the describe it but it’s weird and she keeps pausing in certain ways when she’s walking and won’t move until i rub her tummy

alyssah33663

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
recently today her stomach has been very jumpy i’m not sure how the describe it but it’s weird and she keeps pausing in certain ways when she’s walking and won’t move until i rub her tummy
still no babies should i start to worry ? 😖

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has she been in labor or have you seen vaginal discharge? Is she in any kind of distress?

alyssah33663

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has she been in labor or have you seen vaginal discharge? Is she in any kind of distress?
no she seems fine she just been laying around the house and laying in the sun outside whenever she can
image.jpg

alyssah33663

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no she seems fine she just been laying around the house and laying in the sun outside whenever she canView attachment 383718
no babies still her stomach is hard and bigger and she’s meowing a lot she won’t lay in one place and her babies are moving very little today but you can feel where they are in her