Pregnant Cat

Pinky2020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hellooo quick question for you. A pregnant Siamese cat came to me and I decided to take care of her; I noticed blood spots on her vagina, she's spotting blood
What it could be?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How pregnant is she? Blood could indicate labor starting very soon, but if it increases and is bright red she will need to see a vet. Watch her sides for rippling, those would be contractions. Almost all cats give birth with no help, but rarely, something goes wrong. if you see a clear discharge or a slightly creamy one mixed in, that would be more normal. Is she acting normal? A cat in trouble usually hides, stops eating, and meows in distress. If she si acting normal, you could observe her fro a while and see how she does.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pinky2020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How pregnant is she? Blood could indicate labor starting very soon, but if it increases and is bright red she will need to see a vet. Watch her sides for rippling, those would be contractions. Almost all cats give birth with no help, but rarely, something goes wrong. if you see a clear discharge or a slightly creamy one mixed in, that would be more normal. Is she acting normal? A cat in trouble usually hides, stops eating, and meows in distress. If she si acting normal, you could observe her fro a while and see how she does.
I really dont know how pregnant she is but she already have big belly, red is light but shes eating acting all normal and all

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as she is acting normal, everything should be good. If the blood increases and turns dark red, something is wrong. a small amount of bloody discharge is normal right before birth. Unless she insists you be there, I would give her some quiet time without stress. a cat can delay giving birth if they get too stressed.Ps I would say birth is imminent, 24-48 hours. I'll tag StefanZ StefanZ , our expert!