pregnant cat?

ellaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi! so i recently took in a pregnant cat from a family who didn’t want her. because of that we have no idea how far along she is. we’ve had her for about 3 weeks now and her belly has gotten significantly bigger. however i cant feel or see kittens moving, is that normal? we think she’s close to her due date as she is a small cat and has a large belly.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Usually you can see and/or feel kitten movement about 2 weeks from delivery, so perhaps, even though she is already big, she is not quite that near to the end yet. However, you can be sure that she is more close than not, and continue to look for movement in her belly. If she is super furry, it can be harder to see.

Keep us posted on her condition, and we will be here for your journey with her and to answer all your questions!

Thank you for taking her in! :lovecat2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ellaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Usually you can see and/or feel kitten movement about 2 weeks from delivery, so perhaps, even though she is already big, she is not quite that near to the end yet. However, you can be sure that she is more close than not, and continue to look for movement in her belly. If she is super furry, it can be harder to see.

Keep us posted on her condition, and we will be here for your journey with her and to answer all your questions!

Thank you for taking her in! :lovecat2:
thanks! i’ll keep you posted :)

ellaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks! i’ll keep you posted :)
here is an update! so no kittens yet, but my dog just started (today) following her around and sniffing her a lot. does this mean she might be close to having kittens? my dog has never followed her like this before.

ellaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi so we are fostering a pregnant cat, we’ve been able to feel kittens moving inside of her for last like week and a half, but since about 2 or 3 days ago we can’t feel them moving anymore. i am very stressed out about this. anyone know what’s going on? extra info- the people who used to have her let her get pregnant quite soon after she had her first litter of 8 kittens. they did not give us any information at all about her so we have no idea how long she’s been pregnant. she is still eating. please help!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like the kittens may have dropped down into the birth canal in preparation for labor and delivery. This occurs near the very end of pregnancy and causes the kittens to be squished and to move less. It is normal.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

E ellaw

Last edited: