Pregnant cat

Grant_1919

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My queen was /is a stray. I cant have her inside due to my family being allergic. So I know she is pregnant and more then likely at the end of the pregnancy. My question is how can I tell how far she is and what can I do to help her? I'm very attached to her and worry day and night. I dont know to much about cats because I've never really had any as a child and now as an adult.
20200814_213835.jpg

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
These articles may help, at least to a degree :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Grant_1919

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I'm on the watch out with her. I just about want to bring her inside but I know I cant. I have a building and put a nesting box in there just incase for her. This is just about exciting as a human having babies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you feel the kittens move, its at most 2 weeks left. When you see she drops, ie suddenly is less obvious, you know its at most 2 days left. Otherwise, its just to prepare as well you can, and wait....

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Couldnt you have her in her own room? With open window (net in the window) so the room is aired out the whole time? You changing clothes immediately outside, so you dont take her scents into the house.

Grant_1919

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have felt the cats move for a few days now. Her milk was coming in I noticed and this morning she has got even more milk and they leak sometimes to.

Grant_1919

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Couldnt you have her in her own room? With open window (net in the window) so the room is aired out the whole time? You changing clothes immediately outside, so you dont take her scents into the house.
I will be working on this. Great idea. Never even thought of that. I may can put her in our bathroom so the kids cant get to her!

Grant_1919

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will be working on this. Great idea. Never even thought of that. I may can put her in our bathroom so the kids cant get to her!
I just wanna make sure she is safe and delivers with no problems. After babies I am definitely get her fixed and try finding her a great home I dont wanna do that untill kittens are born and weaned. I love this cat and I wanna make sure she goes to a wonderful family. Do you know what kind of cat she is?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Definitely bring her in. It’s not safe or healthy for her or the kittens outside. A bathroom, a laundry room, a spare bedroom. She sounds very close to the end of her pregnancy. Get her in asap. Thanks for caring for her! :)