Pregnant cat

Serenity santiago

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need help... my cat had some discharge a week ago and she still haven’t gave birth and I feel her kittens moving a lot

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I need help... my cat had some discharge a week ago and she still haven’t gave birth and I feel her kittens moving a lot
The most probable its a normal pregnancy, and you have still at least several days to go!
"the waiting game" is often very frustrating. Double so if you dont know exactly the mating date...

Also, cats seems to manage a little too long pregnancies better than humans. Its too short pregnancies whom are a deadly threat for the kittens, much worse than for humans.

Some discharges are common. Both watery and some brownish (ie with a little blood in). As long its not pus or much blood, its normal.
Usually they do "drop" a couple of days before delivery. Ie change shape and seems less obviously big... And the kittens move less.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Serenity santiago

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The most probable its a normal pregnancy, and you have still at least several days to go!
"the waiting game" is often very frustrating. Double so if you dont know exactly the mating date...

Also, cats seems to manage a little too long pregnancies better than humans. Its too short pregnancies whom are a deadly threat for the kittens, much worse than for humans.

Some discharges are common. Both watery and some brownish (ie with a little blood in). As long its not pus or much blood, its normal.
Usually they do "drop" a couple of days before delivery. Ie change shape and seems less obviously big... And the kittens move less.

April 9 she had a litter of 3 but my neighbor had her because we were in Florida and then he got rid of them too early so he could tell her outside in then about a month later we realized she was pregnant

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes cats can get pregnant anew quickly. Nursing isnt protecting them.

But this means she had two litters in a short time.
Its tearing on her body.
Be sure she gets good food - kitten type.
Be sure she gets lotsa of calcium rich food!

Goats milk is a good supplement.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Keep her 100% inside and plan to get her spayed after this litter weans. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Serenity santiago

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes cats can get pregnant anew quickly. Nursing isnt protecting them.

But this means she had two litters in a short time.
Its tearing on her body.
Be sure she gets good food - kitten type.
Be sure she gets lotsa of calcium rich food!

Goats milk is a good supplement.
Ok so how do I know how much longer to wait and prepare

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If job let us know the state you live in and the closest city to you, we can help you to find a low cost spay clinic!