Pregnant Cat

ffaithyyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey!! super new to this site but i thought you guys might be able to answer a few questions of mine about my very preggnat cat! my cat is in between her 63-65 day 3 days ago it looked like she went into prelabor because of the movement going on around her tummy, but it might have just been the kittens moving around and settling. i have never seen her so affectionate and loving! a day ago i couldn’t touch her tummy and i just rubbed her head but for some reason today she loves her tummy rubbed. it looks like her stomach dropped sometime last night as she isn’t as wide anymore and it looks more like a football than a basketball. she’s had some white discharge for 2 days now and is constantly liking herself it looked like she lost her mucus plug yesterday morning and got it stuck in her hair but hard to tell if it was that it just a lot of discharge since she is a grey persian. she seems uncomfortable but not in pain. today i can see visual contractions happening in her her lower stomach and has been going in and out of all of her different nesting boxes. any idea when she will start actual labor?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ffaithyyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
every time she goes into her nesting box she breathes pretty hard but just ends up falling asleep. is she prolonging the birth of her kittens? is that even possible lol. first time having a pregnant cat and getting her neutered as soon as this pregnancy is over. can’t wait to love these kittens!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How is she doing now? Any kittens yet? This article: How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? says that pre-labor (contractions etc.) can start hours before delivery, so it should be soon if no kittens have arrived yet. But, if you notice her panting, straining, or heaving for more than 30 minutes without producing a kitten, you would need to take her to the emergency vet. Most cat births go without any problems, though.