Pregnant Cat?

Elyssa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that's 13 months old, we were about to get her spayed when she got out of the house. We had noticed she was in heat so we didn't want to spay her then (because it would cost more and we're tight on money.)

She got out for about a day and a half, we do have outdoor male cats around our neighborhood which is why I'm concerned. It has been about 3 weeks since the incident and she has been acting a lot different, she's not as playful, she sleeps a lot and she doesn't eat as much as she used to. (Note that beforehand when we got her back she was the same until the second week.) We're unable to go to the vets.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you get her spayed now? It would terminate the pregnancy. Getting the money together for a spay would be a lot more affordable than a litter of kittens. They cost a lot to raise, and that's not accounting for any medical emergency!

Do you need help finding a low cost spay clinic in your area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elyssa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you get her spayed now? It would terminate the pregnancy. Getting the money together for a spay would be a lot more affordable than a litter of kittens. They cost a lot to raise, and that's not accounting for any medical emergency!

Do you need help finding a low cost spay clinic in your area?
We do have some money but only enough for all of us to have food and living supplies, including the cats. We might have the money in about 4 weeks but by then if she is pregnant we wouldn be unable to.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? We can help you to find something low cost. It really would be much more cost effective to move ahead with the spay now.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have low cost vets near me that do spays for as little as $30. Sometimes vets and animal rescues will have free spay/neuter clinic days. You can probably find a low cost clinic near you where you could get it done.

You should also consider contacting a TNR group to neuter of those males (assuming they are feral) in order to prevent more cats from roaming the streets or kittens born outside in the cold. Most of them will do it for free!