Pregnant Cat Worms

Mandyjo97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I found/rescued a cat that a week later found out was pregnant at a vet that isn’t local. So mind you, she probably has never had vaccinations in her life, and can’t right now while she is pregnant. She tested negative for feline leukemia and they did a stool sample, and said she didn’t have any parasites. They said she had ear mites, so they gave Paradyne (selamectin) to treat them, plus any fleas and some types of worms. But now I’ve been seeing worms around her rear, and sometimes stuck to her tail, that are small, white and about 1/4” long at the most. I called my local vet, and they said she can’t have any other kind of working medicine until after a month since she was given the other stuff. (I couldn’t remember the name of the medecine at the time so I told them it was a topical medecine for ear mites and worms)

I’m a bit confused because they said she didn’t have parasites, and also everything I look up gives different names for worms...

I’m ok with waiting a month if I have to, but I would like to safely get rid of them while she is still pregnant. Cuz it’s nasty and obviously not good for her. So is there a natural thing safe for her and babies that wouldn’t interfere with the meds she’s already been given?

Also once the month is up, what medecine wold you recommend that is safe for her babies that gets rid of a more extensive variety of intestinal worms?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mandyjo97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also I can’t figure out how to edit my own thread so ignore the typos lol