Pregnant Cat With Discharge, Help?!

Mom2Sable

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm new here! I have a cat she's a little over 1yrs old her name's Sable and is about 60 days pregnant with her first litter. We had an appointment to get her spayed then she got out and well pregnant hahahah. So my question is, Wednesday morning I noticed some gooey brownish/red discharge was thinking she was going into labor then it stopped. Well here it is Saturday and she has it again. Should I be worried and taking her to the vet or is it normal leading up to delivery? I've had pregnant cats before but years ago and well she's my 6th child so to speak thanks in advance! FYI she's an inside cat but hangs out on the back porch with me at night

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's normal in the days leading up to labor and delivery. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mom2Sable

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, I was starting to freak out! My husband keeps saying they'll come when they come. But you know it's not easy waiting and she's so tiny.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cute girl Sable is! Welcome to TCS, we're glad you're here. Waiting is hard but you'll soon find that you have a lot of us waiting with you :wave3:. You have a wonderful advisor with Sarthur2 and an awesome supportive community to share this experience with. :catrub:

Mom2Sable

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was very clingy last night and wouldn't sit just crouch all weird like. Was hoping, but nope!! Discharge has stopped yet again, I can still feel the kittens moving but their space is very limited at this point. I keep telling her I better see kittens when I come back, but I don't think she's going to listen. Lol!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's getting very close though, and I know she's uncomfortable!

Mom2Sable

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my husband just called me while I'm here at work saying he thinks Sable is about ready! He said she's been meowing really loudly since I left this morning at 8, hopefully shell wait till my lunch break haha!!

Mom2Sable

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Got home at 7pm and nothing. She's been cleaning herself a lot and some more discharge. Also she's been sleeping in her spot more, but no contractions or kittens yet! 2874.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As long as she is in no distress it's just more waiting. :)

Mom2Sable

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
3 kittens so far, I can still feel at least one possibly two more. It's been almost two hours since the third was delivered. Is that normal to have a big gap in between kittens? She's nursing and sleeping right now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens! Yes, the gap is normal. It can even be a day or more sometimes.

Sounds like mom is tired. Glad all is well though! :)

Mom2Sable

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittens! Yes, the gap is normal. It can even be a day or more sometimes.

Sounds like mom is tired. Glad all is well though! :)
I gave her some food and hoping she'll have the other one soon!! Husband thinks I'm going insane saying there's one more lol

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad they're all doing well! You'll want to take mom's collar off so kittens don't get tangled.

Mom2Sable

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_20170708_090418716.jpg IMG_20170708_090434089.jpg IMG_20170708_090403544.jpg pretty sure little grey one is girl and other two boys