Pregnant Cat Vaginal Discharge

Laquita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very Pregnant cat has whitish vaginal discharge. Is this normal?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If may be normal. Is there any smell from the discharge? Any signs of fever? We dont want infected discharges with pus. Watery discharges, even with a little blood in them, are common.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laquita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No smell. Kind of looks like thick milk. Thanks for your reply.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is perfectly normal discharge, especially at the end of pregnancy. Do you know when she is due?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, white creamy discharge is perfectly normal. That is the mucus plug, which can be lost either right before giving birth, or up to a week prior. What you don’t want to see is smelly brown or green discharge, which can indicate infection. But, from your description, it sounds like all is well, and the kittens should be here soon! Do you have her nesting box set up?

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laquita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I have box big enough for her and her kittens with a beach towel in the bottom. It's in a secluded room with tile floors. Thank you for the response. I will expect the kittens soon then. This is a first experience for us. We found out she was pregnant at her spay appointment. (She previously ran away from a friend's house while we were on vacation and we thought we lost her forever. But, she apparently came back pregnant.) My kids are looking forward to her kittens though.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Be sure your children do not handle the kittens the first 3 weeks, and then under your supervision for short periods until the kittens are a little bigger. :)