Pregnant Cat Possibly Eating Her Own Litter

Misskiss32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my cats first liter and everything seems to be ok and on schedule....I believe she has any where from 3-7 days left of pregnancy....I did how every notice today that she seemed to be eating her new litter off her paws while in the box... I then changed her box out and her stool is milky grey colored....It also smells atrocious...I mean empty it right away while holding your breath and it stinks up the whole house for at least 20 mins.... Could the color of her stool be from it being in the litter itself? Also she hacked up a grey and milky hair ball? She is grey cat tho? My husband says I'm over reacting... She is on an average of 2-3 cans of wet food a day and sometimes I treat her with a cat like soup...Says it's good for pregnant cats... I have also started her on kitten milk...But she doesn't seem to like it much.... Is my cat acting weird by possibly eating her own litter?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A milky white stool is indicative of infection in the bowel. She needs antibiotics. Can you get her to a vet?

She may be eating litter due to an imbalance in her system because of the infection.

You should also provide kitten chow 24/7 for her.

I hope she feels better soon!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with the above, you should contact your vet yes. Its not common adult cats eats of litter, but who knows, pregnant woman are renown for trying some even weird things. A renown example is from walls - in this case its probably a lack of calcium as limestone does contains....
So it may be so she lacks something, or instictively feels the needs this.
Again, talk with your vet.

Had she been dewormed properly?

What is this kitten milk? If its such a low lactose treat milk made from cow milk, its better you use goats milk. Much more healthier and cheaper. Raw goats milk may even help some for inflammations in intestines...