Pregnant cat overdue? Updated

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nursing that many kittens, mom cat could probably benefit from a saucer or two of KMR a day to provide the extra calories, protein and mi nearly (especially;ly calcium) she needs. Plus kitten grade food.

A very nice cat family! Please provide updates and photos!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nursing that many kittens, mom cat could probably benefit from a saucer or two of KMR a day to provide the extra calories, protein and mi nearly (especially;ly calcium) she needs. Plus kitten grade food.

A very nice cat family! Please provide updates and photos!
Mama has been getting KMR since she gave birth, she absolutely LOVES it. She looks forward to it every day now, hehe. Also has been getting kitten food since before delivery 😊 thank you for your advice though, I really appreciate it!

Will definitely post more pictures and updates soon! They are such wonderful kitties, mama and dad included 😻

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's a few updated pics of kitties! They are 5 weeks old today and little balls of energy, love and fun. Mama is still nursing but they are all litter trained and have started on hard/soft food with much success!! So proud of them and mama ❤
20200702_122524.jpg

20200702_050618.jpg

20200701_193108.jpg

20200701_192452.jpg

20200701_192531.jpg

Attachments

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens went in for vaccines/deworming 2 days ago and all are doing perfect! All of them are over 2.2 lbs and vet has absolutely no concerns. Teeth, eyes, ears, everything looks great she said! We were so happy to hear that they are all perfectly healthy kittens (which we thought but weren't 100% positive). 5/7 did amazing with the vaccines and the last 2 took 3 of us to hold as they were just not having it lol. Here are some updates pics before they go to their new homes in the near future!
IMG-20200725-WA0012.jpeg

20200725_112052.jpg

20200706_094948-COLLAGE.jpg

20200706_094910-COLLAGE.jpg

20200716_223013.jpg

20200715_203056.jpg

They are in the fuzzy stage right now so from certain angles it's hard to see their markings but with our female and males colors, I think they will have beautiful markings when they're older! We are going to be so sad to see these babies go but happy we were able to find families we are comfortable with! Oh and there is only 1 male in the litter of 7 😂

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are beautiful babies! :redheartpump:

Do try to keep them for 10-12 weeks if you can. :)

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are stunning! 😊 It's lovely to hear they are all fit and well! Well done to mama cat, such a big litter to raise, she's done amazing!!
I can so relate to being sad to see them go, our babies are only 2 weeks and I love each and everyone of them already 💗 The main thing is you get good homes that you feel 100% comfortable with.
Did mama cat come into heat whilst she was nursing? I've just booked my girl in for when the kittens are 10wks hoping she will go that long, fingers crossed.

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful babies! :redheartpump:

Do try to keep them for 10-12 weeks if you can. :)
Thank you! They are going home in 2 weeks so they will be 10.5 weeks at that time!

They are stunning! 😊 It's lovely to hear they are all fit and well! Well done to mama cat, such a big litter to raise, she's done amazing!!
I can so relate to being sad to see them go, our babies are only 2 weeks and I love each and everyone of them already 💗 The main thing is you get good homes that you feel 100% comfortable with.
Did mama cat come into heat whilst she was nursing? I've just booked my girl in for when the kittens are 10wks hoping she will go that long, fingers crossed.
Mama is in the middle of weaning the kittens right now (with 7 of them she is just getting too frustrated at nursing time) and she just went into her first post pregnancy heat not even a week ago. So you may get lucky and she'll go 10 weeks but our girl went into heat when the kittens were about 7 or 7.5 weeks (they're 8 weeks 2 days right now)

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! They are going home in 2 weeks so they will be 10.5 weeks at that time!

Mama is in the middle of weaning the kittens right now (with 7 of them she is just getting too frustrated at nursing time) and she just went into her first post pregnancy heat not even a week ago. So you may get lucky and she'll go 10 weeks but our girl went into heat when the kittens were about 7 or 7.5 weeks (they're 8 weeks 2 days right now)
Oh really, you'd think she's got her paws full without thinking of having more haha 😂
Was her heat cycle still has intense as previously?

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh really, you'd think she's got her paws full without thinking of having more haha 😂
Was her heat cycle still has intense as previously?
I did find it as intense but only because we were trying to keep her and our male separated so she was freaking out a bit lol

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did find it as intense but only because we were trying to keep her and our male separated so she was freaking out a bit lol
Oh has he not been done yet? That can't be easy lol.
I spoke with my vet today all kittens booked in for vaccinations at 9wks and mama's spay the week after.
I bet the little ones are an handful now ain't they?