Pregnant cat not progressing with labor

jmakin98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So im pretty sure my cat is about 63 days pregnant, give or take a day. And for the last 3 days she's been having a pinkish brownish discharge it happens every couple of hours, now I thought maybe she is going into labor but it's been 3 days and she doesn't seem like she's progressing. Plus today she looks alot skinnier then normal when she's standing up. Over the past few days she's just been sleeping alot,she'll have little spurts of energy here and there though. She's eating normally so no food aversion. Her nipples did get larger a few days ago before the spotting began and I've seen her try to nest but not really find a spot she likes other then my couch. Should I be worried about the discharge or is this normal, the first two days of discharge my cat wouldn't really lick her privates to clean it up she would just nap and then clean after her nap. Today though she's cleaning her area more then she has the last few days ? I'll attach pictures below. Also she's not as big as most pregnant cats so im assuming it's a very tiny litter but maybe I'm crazy and she's not pregnant?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The discharge does not look normal to me. I suggest you get her checked by a vet asap to determine if she is carrying viable kittens or having a miscarriage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmakin98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I've seen a ton of post where other pregnant cats have had a pinkish discharge and had a healthy labor which is why I wasn't really concerned about the color. And I want to take her to the vet but the nearest one isn't open until Tuesday because of the holidays

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Three days of pinkish brown discharge every 2 hours is not normal, but perhaps it is normal for your cat. If her discharge gets heavier without delivering kittens, please get her to a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmakin98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 good evening! I'm sorry I haven't responded! I took my cat to the emergency vet yesterday ,turns out the kittens had died in her stomach and turned into a massive infection. She had surgery to remove her uterus and clean out any infection and now she's home recovering well 💞

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I had a feeling that things were not right. The discharge was not normal. Thankfully you got her to a vet in time to get her spayed and on medications. It saved her life!

:vibes:I wish her a speedy recovery, and many thanks for the update.