Pregnant Cat Is Being Aggressive To Sister Who Just Had Kittens?

Teoreo18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
(Please read first paragraph of you plan to preach about spaying so you know my situation, please skip to second paragraph for the original topic) So this is going to be a long post because I have to explain a few things. My mother in law is very irresponsible and refused to get her cats spayed and nuetered despite me giving her free vouchers her cat had 3 kittens and ended up basically handing me the 2 girls. I took them with the intent of getting them spayed. They are strictly indoor cats and I was pregnant myself around the time they both went into heat for the first time. I made the apointment with my vet and that was that. The appt was set 3 weeks out but during those three weeks we had to move to a new place with more space for our upcoming birth. Our landlord failed to tell us about a hole under our sink the led to under the home and then out of the crawl space into the outdoors. Our cats were secretly getting in and out for two weeks and were pregnant so I had to cancel their appt to get spayed. (Please no judgement I’m pro spay but sometimes things happen.)

well these sister queens have been very close all their lives and even durning their pregnancy’s. Shatter (black striped tabby) just gave birth to 4 kittens and crumble (grey striped tabby) has been angry and moody towards her ever since. I was thinking maybe it’s because while shatter was in labor I had to take her to an emergency vet (it was a Sunday at 7pm) because she seemed to have another kitten in there but it had been 4 hours since her last kitten. I spent 300 on an exam and X-ray for my vet to tell me she had one kitten left to pass and she was just taking a really long break. Maybe the shatter had come back with weird smells and crumble wasn’t having it? Maybe she’s jealous that she doesn’t have kittens yet? Will they ever go back to normal? The hissing and growling worries the crap outta me.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe the shatter had come back with weird smells and crumble wasn’t having it?
Hi! I'm sorry you didn't get a reply yet, but I think this.
Do you have access to, or could obtain, some calming products?
Even just chamomile tea, cooled, made from the bags (use this type ONLY) should help to calm her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Teoreo18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can look into it. They haven’t daughtry but it’s very obvious the pregnant one doesn’t want the postpartum one around. However my pregnant queen started spotting with a mucus like discharge just a little while ago so I’m hoping she’ll be a bit more docile once her kittens arrive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Teoreo18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she has, they are lik sting their best now, I’m currently dropper feeding the runt because the mom all but rejected the little guy but all other kittens are doing great anf so are the mamas.