Pregnant cat-help

Summer1010

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my tabby, lily, is pregnant although I’m unaware of how long she’s been pregnant for. This is her second litter, her first couldn’t have gone any better with the way she handled everything so I’m not worried although she was sick (morning sickness) on the 7th June and was wondering if anybody knew round abouts how long she’s got left?

i can feel and see kicks and movement in her belly, VERY VERY visible, she isn’t really acting any differently, her appetite and increased and she’s been wandering around the house a lot, I’ve often found her in unusual places like she was with her first litter.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She probably is at least 2 weeks out, give or take a few days Morning sickness usually occurs in the 2nd to 3rd week of pregnancy, which runs 63-68 days on average.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

Litter after litter is really hard on a mom cat, and there are so many kittens who need homes out there. The Cat Site is a pro-spay and neuter site, so if you need help locating a low-cost spay clinic, just give me your city and state and I’ll look around for you. Your cat will live longer and healthier for being spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Summer1010

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She probably is at least 2 weeks out, give or take a few days Morning sickness usually occurs in the 2nd to 3rd week of pregnancy, which runs 63-68 days on average.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

Litter after litter is really hard on a mom cat, and there are so many kittens who need homes out there. The Cat Site is a pro-spay and neuter site, so if you need help locating a low-cost spay clinic, just give me your city and state and I’ll look around for you. Your cat will live longer and healthier for being spayed.
Yes we plan to get her spayed asap after delivery, today she has been especially affectionate, letting me rub her belly when usually she bites or scratches me if I was to come near her belly, she’s currently laying on my bed which she hasn’t done for a while, she looks like she’s about to pop any minute

I am worried she will have them alone without me being there which is why I’d love to know when her due date is approaching so I can prepare

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats are spayed about 8 weeks after giving birth, when their kittens have weaned to soft foods. You must keep her 100% inside so that she does not get pregnant again until she is spayed, as she WILL go into heat again before her spay date. Make an appointment for 8 weeks as soon as her kittens are born.

An x-ray at a vet will show how many kittens she is carrying and an estimated gestational age of the kittens. There is no other way to know in advance when she will have them beyond knowing when she mated. My rough guess from the information you provided is 2 more weeks, but again, that is a guess.

Do you have a can of powdered kitten formula and a syringe on hand in case you need to supplement a large litter with runts?

Summer1010

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been nesting all day today, she’s been cleaning her lady area a lot more I have realised and she refused to eat her food, any ideas on how long she will have left?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may be closer than previously thought. Do you see any contractions?

Summer1010

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like she may be closer than previously thought. Do you see any contractions?
Thank you for your reply, none at all just sleeping, how ling do contractions last before delivery?