Pregnant Cat Help!

xKhv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I have a cat that a few months over a year old that we've thought is pregnant.

I was wondering if it's possible for a first time pregnant cat to stay kind of small and for her nipples not to change much?

She got out one day and was with another cat all day right around the time she was in heat. She hasn't been in heat since than and she's normally super regular.

Shes a super small petite cat and you can notice shes a little rounder on the sides now. If she is pregnant she would be due in less than a week.

She has been showing signs. Over the past few days she's been grooming herself like crazy. She has been more loving the past few weeks but now she's super moody when you go around her stomach. She does lay more spread out and on her side rather than curled up in a ball like she used to.

Only thing is her nipples really haven't changed much at all. They got a tiny bit of a light pink tint but that's about it. (I started checking a few weeks after she was with the other cat) and her stomach hasn't dropped much and I can't feel any kittens.

So I'm not sure if she actually is pregnant or if maybe she's only pregnant with one kitten. Is it normal for a first time mommy to stay so small and for her nipples not to change much?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xKhv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to add a picture from now but this is her now

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She isnt that small no longer, so there is surely place for at least a couple of babies.

You dont feel no movements?

False pregnacies does occur, but they arent common.

xKhv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She looks larger in that picture than I think she really is I tried to feel for some movement a few times but I didn't feel anything.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
How long has it been since she was outside and in heat? Cats start "showing" at 5 weeks! Can you keep her inside and away from any intact males until she can be spayed?

xKhv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has showed a little but not a super lot. You can see on the sides she's a little rounder. But it's almost been 9 weeks now. We always keep her inside except for the few times she's gotten out and we're planing on getting her spayed once we find out if she has kittens or not.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm... I would definitely think that you would be able to feel or see some fetal movement at this point or before... could you try to get a picture of her nipples?

xKhv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried to get a picture but she won't let me touch her stomach or move her. She's went from just a laid-back cat to supper loving the past few weeks and now she won't let anyone mess with her.

Not sure if maybe she's pregnant and being preotective the last few days or if it's a false pregnancy.

xKhv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update I believe I just seen the kittens moving finally! She should be due almost any day if she did get pregnant the day she was with the other cat. She's getting kind of antsy so I'm hoping that's a good thing.