Pregnant Cat Belly

Debasree Pal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I am actually very helpless and need some sort of confirmation and help. I have a stray cat for 6years now, she has become a pet cat just the only difference is my mother doesn't allow my cat to stay in the home. She stays in the outer space in our home. She has been coming every day and night to eat for these 6years. She is my life. She is pregnant now. I see an unusual (or maybe usual) bump in her belly. I don't know if that is a kitten sticking her head out. Her belly is pregnant. Please help me. The belly looks perfectly fine when she sits expandingly. But again comes into that size when she stands up. Can you please tell me if that bump is just because of her pregnancy or not? I am sending a picture . the bump is just in front of her belly. Please help me

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The first pic isnt the common preg look.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It seems highly unlikely that after 6 years of being outdoors that she is just now pregnant for the first time. Surely there other cats that have wandered the area over these past 6 years? Is it this bump that makes you think she is pregnant, or something else? Do you know for a fact that she is not spayed?

I think it would be best to have a vet take a look at her to determine whether or not she is truly pregnant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Debasree Pal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No this is not the bump that makes me feel that she is pregnant. She is pregnant coz she has a round belly and recently the belly has dropped. And now I see this lump(which I have assumed as a kitty changing it's movement).. I am really worried though. She is otherwise perfectly fine. Eating, drinking, grooming..everything's fine. She is even eating a bit much.

Debasree Pal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It seems highly unlikely that after 6 years of being outdoors that she is just now pregnant for the first time. Surely there other cats that have wandered the area over these past 6 years? Is it this bump that makes you think she is pregnant, or something else? Do you know for a fact that she is not spayed?

I think it would be best to have a vet take a look at her to determine whether or not she is truly pregnant.
No definitely not, I mean she has been pregnant before as well. But this time I noticed this, hence I am worried

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is this area you circled her mammary gland where her nipple is? Can you post a picture of more of her stomach? Are her other mammaries like this?

She definitely looks pregnant. How many litters has she had over the years?

Debasree Pal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is this area you circled her mammary gland where her nipple is? Can you post a picture of more of her stomach? Are her other mammaries like this?

She definitely looks pregnant. How many litters has she had over the years?
That's below the nipple area. Yea I am posting some more pictures. Her nipples are just the way it should look like while pregnant. She is doing fine, eating, drinking, grooming. But I am worried whether that's a kitten lump or something else..

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is very difficult to say. It could be a kitten or a cyst of some sort. Can you get her to a vet for an x-ray? That would show what it is.

Debasree Pal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is very difficult to say. It could be a kitten or a cyst of some sort. Can you get her to a vet for an x-ray? That would show what it is.
We don't have proper vets here in Kolkata.. I am taking care of her, I just hope that's a kitten.. She is all I have.
Thank you for replying..