Pregnant cat belly dropped 3 days ago

Phanpy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat has been pregnant for about 8-9 weeks and her belly doesn’t look as wide when I look at her. Does this mean her belly has dropped? If so, how long after her belly drops should she go into labour? I ask because her belly “dropped” 4 days ago and she had blood discharge yesterday morning. She doesn’t seem like she is in pain though, she just constantly goes to her nest or my daughters closet to hide to sleep, or lays on my homework demanding attention; this is her normal behavior for a week and a half now.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Phanpy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh and here are some things I noticed during her pregnancy:

-belly “dropped” 4 days ago
-nesting for a week now
-constantly licking her lady parts for a week and a half
-never felt fetus movement
-recent bloody discharge
-randomly meowing at me (it’s like we have a whole conversation, i just wish I understood what she is trying to tell me)
-needing to always be with me
-enjoys when I rub her belly now
-no milk coming from her glands

thanks for reading! I am still getting her to a vet tomorrow, I just can’t sleep I am so worried.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good you are taking her to a vet. Its time for a consultation yes. Even if it doesnt seem alarming because she is as usual, no dramatics.
A wild guess may be; she is either in false preg, or the kittens has died weeks ago. Because you never felt them move.
But let the vet examine...

During the time, be sure she gets plenty of calcium rich food, whatever she takes. Because low niveu of calcium may cause weak labor work.
And it cant hurt.

These pics; are they from now, after her drop, or before her drop when she was as most visibly preg?

Do you know for sure when she got mated, ie which day it is? Tip: the teats get reddish quite precisely day 21.

P Phanpy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How much bloody discharge is there? Is it bright red or pinkish? She’s sticking close to you because she needs your help. Let us know what the vet says.