Pregnant Cat Advise

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
5995986D-81B0-44AE-940A-61B70A48A5B1.jpeg D54FA618-8291-4463-846F-6809AA6AFA81.jpeg DB74E06C-FBB3-4C16-9627-6348364EBC8E.jpeg 8849DC2B-4C63-4B5C-955A-F58AC81C8203.jpeg hey everyone
I’m new to the site but have a few questions will pop some info up 1st then put questions after

My cat (who is called cat she was named by a 2 yr old) is very pregnant we noticed she was getting a bigger belly at the beginning of April so a trip to the vets said she was pregnant but couldn’t give us a rough timeframe due to it being harder to tell how far along they r once they go past 4 weeks so I’m basing her timeline on being 4 weeks from when I noticed her enlarged tummy. So I roughly estimate she is 9 weeks possibly more on Monday. Last week I went to her room (have very young kids whom I’m keeping away from her so they don’t pick her up or disturb her) and saw she had a brownish discharge but we have had no kittens as of yet. I caught her laying down panting and looking a bit uncomfortable 2 days ago. And today I’ve noticed she is finding it difficult to jump up and down from my window sill. She has a decreased appetite and has done for a few days also a bit more discharge she is really struggling to clean down there so I went in an sponged her back end down to clean up a bit this afternoon I can’t tell if she is swollen ect downstairs but her vulva pulsed a bit when I checked her an hour ago and she’s very pregnant that I can’t check to see if she is latacting as she has no give on her belly she also has been breathing fast but it’s very irregular so my questions and I understand it’s a waiting game.
How much longer do u think it will be?
Is her vulva pulsing a sign that she may be in early labour?
Should I keep helping her clean down there as read it helps put them in labour and she’s really struggling to reach?
(She doesn’t mind it at all seems to enjoy it)
How much longer can she have if she has lost her plug I’m sure she had last Thursday as she smeared it on my floor defo wasn’t poop?
Thank u in advance and she will be kept in and spayed once kittens have been weaned and we have good homes lined up for any kittens as it was a planned pregnancy

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How is she doing now? The discharge you’re describing could be the mucus plug, which can be lost either right before birth, but sometimes up to a week or two before. The brownish discharge I think is somewhat concerning, because this article: Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens! says that brown, green, or foul-smelling discharge could indicate infection, so I would recommend calling the vet to see what they think, if that hasn’t cleared up in the meantime.

And just as an FYI as she approaches labor, if you notice her panting, straining, or heaving for more than 30 minutes without producing a kitten, you need to call the emergency vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s fine been checking on her and no kittens still I read they start showing from 4 weeks so she should be due this week or next at the latest

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
CB1842BB-B864-43AE-A675-FCB5D9F3CC44.jpeg
Hi this is what her vulva looks like this evening

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi my cat is due to pop anytime really unsure on dates.
Question is she’s been in her room (very scatty cat) for 4 weeks now and has never rearranged her bedding but today she has rearranged it twice
Does this mean she is very close?

She will be spayed as soon as she is able to and we have homes for any kittens she has

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Basing when I noticed her belly starting to swell (based on it swelling at 4weeks) I’ve estimated she is 9 weeks on Monday. Since being indoors she has not once rearranged her bedding but today has started to does this mean she is close? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Gemgem19. Is this cat the one you are discussing in your previous thread "Pregnant Cat Advise"? If so she was 9 weeks pregnant and panting 3 days ago. How is she now? If she is pushing longer than 30 minutes without producing a kitten you must call a vet without delay.

You were also saying this was a planned pregnancy. Do you remember then the date of her mating?

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she has no contractions and I don’t think she’s in active labour and the panting was more a heavy breathing wasn’t planned as such so no mating date but we think she’s around 9weeks
Her behaviour has changed for example the rearranging bedding also she normally poops once a day but has so far gone 3 times today do u think this means she’s close?

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve read everything I can find on the internet lol trying to be prepared just checked her as have a 7 week old and still no kittens although she has messed her bed up again and pooped again

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like today

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve read everything I can find on the internet lol trying to be prepared just checked her as have a 7 week old and still no kittens although she has messed her bed up again and pooped again
You will have to make up your mind Gemgem, whether she will be 9 weeks pregnant on Monday as per your previous posts or 7 weeks as per yesterday's post. In the meantime have you read the information offered by Furballsmom in posts N°s. 2 and 7 in this thread?

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy to hear Cat has given birth to 5 healthy kittens and all is well. :) So besides mom named Cat you are taking care of a 7 weeks old kitten? What is his/her name? What is his/her history? Referring to them by their names would avoid confusion. ;)
How many pets have you? It seems that they keep you busy.

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hahahaha no other kittens I gave birth 8 weeks ago yesterday with child number 5 lol
I have 5 children 1 adult child (the hubby) 3 corn snakes 3 cats and a dog and now 5 kittens which we have homes for when they r 10/12 weeks.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean YOU have given birth 8 weeks ago to a baby girl!!! Congratulations!!! No wonder you sound busy! I admire your vitality and good sense of humour. Where do you live?

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes lol been a long night well been a long 8 weeks with not much sleep hahahaha
We r in Cornwall England
Where r u?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cornwall is a beautiful county with a very interesting history. I have read somewhere (can't remember where) that some of the people also speak a dialect called Cornish English. Is it your case?

Take care of yourself Gemgem, you have a lot in your hands. Do keep in touch and let us know how everything is working for you. Would love to see some pics of your family (human and furry) when you have a chance. :camera::compsurfing:

Last edited: