Pregnant Again

ShamaraP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Earlier this year May 24,2017 I found a Pregnant cat who gave birth June 12, 2017. I took her and gave her a home my neighbor claimed it was his cat and wanted her back but in the months I've lived here he only had an orange Tom. So I told him after she's done nursing her kittens and ready to leave outside on her own she can because I have three small children and can't chase her. I really didn't want her to go. I did to not cause a big riff. One day I went to use his oven and he had the cat locked in a closet with water, food, the Tom, and one kitty litter box smh it broke my heart so damn bad I flipped out on him and she followed me out the door she was already seen outside various times. I cleaned her and fed her but she wanted to be outside I would too if I was her. So she's been out all summer. I tried bringing her in but she's been with the Orange cat. I've even called around to see if my family would take her in.
Well I took her back last week to find she's pregnant again i just cant tell how far along definitely less than last time.
kitties61217.jpg
kiesh.jpg
kitties261717.jpg
kitties61217.jpg
kiesh.jpg
kitties261717.jpg

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Start feeding her dry kitten food and meals of wet kitten food throughout the day. Back to back litters are very hard on mom.

Can you keep her inside until the kittens are weaned? Will you get her spayed after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ShamaraP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i started her back to dry food I've been short on money I don't get paid until Next Wednesday then I will get her the soft food too. Also seeing that it's been extremely cold out lately i'm hoping i can keep her in I don't know any other way but to try. I don't want to fail her she's so sweet has an awesome personality. But yes I will keep her in doors and get her fixed.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do! She’s lucky to have you taking care of her.

Make sure that everyone knows she must stay inside.

ShamaraP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I let the kids know EVERYDAY and when guests come i warn them, another thing is she's whining alot. The last time she came she gave birth two weeks later. I wanted to know when do cats start to show in pregnancy or does that vary ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats begin to show around the fifth week. It sounds like she may be further along though.

What happened to the kittens she had in June?

Where do you live? We can help you find a low-cost spay clinic if you are in the U.S.

ShamaraP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Idk how far along my cat is but she's up there it's been over a month ... anyway she's shivering like last time, following me around, and lickiing a lot... her belly is hard .. is she in labor ?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may be in early labor. Keep an eye on her.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter? Repeated pregnancies are not healthy for cats.

Would you like help locating a low-cost spay clinic? Give your city and state and I'll locate a clinic for you.

ShamaraP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've already scheduled her spaying thanks I'm informed on how unhealthy it is for her lol idk why people always tell people about spaying especially when taking in pregnant stray cats... at 6:38 am 11-15 she gave birth under my son's bed even though I remodeled the baby's pack & play for her lol

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it safe for your cats to be in your son’s room? Do you need to move them?