Pregnancy

Leah12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all my cats heavily pregnant today she hasn’t eaten much and she’s been very sleepy too babies are moving a lot her nipped are really hard and got white bits over the top of them! She’s looking very fed up have no clue when she’s going to give birth
Her belly has dropped notice this 2 days ago and she’s really hard just above her vagina

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is there an emergency vet you can call and ask advice to? Often, the vet tech can give you advice over the phone without charge. At least here in Canada they let you know what to watch for and if/when you would need to bring your pet in.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is no need to call an emergency vet. All the signs are normal for end of pregnancy. It could be any day now up to a week, but her body is preparing for birth soon based on what you describe. Just be patient, and keep us posted!

Also, do plan to spay your cat when her kittens are 8 weeks old.

L Leah12

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is no need to call an emergency vet. All the signs are normal for end of pregnancy. It could be any day now up to a week, but her body is preparing for birth soon based on what you describe. Just be patient, and keep us posted!

Also, do plan to spay your cat when her kittens are 8 weeks old.

L Leah12
Oh yes sorry. I didn't mean that there IS an emergency, just that if the poster isn't sure what is normal that a vet tech will tell them over the phone free of charge, as well as list any signs of what to watch for to know when to take a birthing cat to hospital.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leah12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s been pregnant for 9 weeks and 5 days, I got her given not knowing she was pregnant on the 1st March she’s extremely loving and just wants stroking all the time she hasn’t ate much today either and yeah as soon as she’s had these babies she’s getting booked in the get sprayed