Pregant cat labor?

pricemarriah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat is pregnant for sure, Im feeling the babies move around and she’s quite large. My only concern is her vulva area has been quite swollen for a few days now and she’s had some creamish/ green discharge. Now we are at the stage where her vuvla is seemingly opening? Is this her cervix opening and going into labor? I’ve noticed it’s been doing this off and on for these few days. I’ll attach photos of the discharge, her area opening and her belly as i’m just wondering how close she is, i can definitely see the babies moving!! she doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of labor yet other than this.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mucus discharge is normal in the days preceding labor and delivery. Most mucus at this stage is clear, creamy white, or pinkish. It sounds like she’s due any day now.

However, greenish discharge is not the norm. This could mean a kitten in the birth canal has separated early from the placenta and may not be born alive or there may be infection occurring. It could also just be the mucus plug. It’s difficult to say.

How far is your cat in her pregnancy? Is she due yet?

Your best bet may be to see a vet for a scan and checkup to see what’s what. If she is not going into labor and is overdue, she may need a C-section, especially if a deceased kitten is in the birth canal and not being delivered. This can endanger the entire litter, and what concerns me is that you say this has been ongoing for a few days.

It could be nothing, or it could be serious. It’s hard to know. I suggest you consult a vet.