Prayers for my Georgie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He has been sick coming up on 3 weeks now. Multiple trips to the vet, multiple antibiotics, steroids, multiple blood tests, urine test, X-rays. Still no real answer. Vet feels it is a virus of some kind that has now led to vertigo. He spent the entire day at the vets yesterday for tests and fluids. On the bright side his fever was down for the first time in 3 weeks and he was retested for feline leukaemia and feline hiv and again negative so the vet feels this is definitely not it. He had also lost some weight, but we regained 0.2 pounds and it was stable yesterday. He is only 1.5 years old. I hope this means he is turning the corner.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I pray he is on the road to recovery! These viruses can turn downright nasty at times, my cats have leukemia and when then contract a virus it turns almost deadly because of their lowered resistance. My Yammy can lose so much weight his hip bones are prominent and his face gets thin. He has been through this three times now. Each time takes at least three weeks for him to recover, a lifetime it seems. It has been a year now since his last episode, ever since I have been giving him DMG and Life gold for cats I get on Amazon. He refused to eat at all but did lick a little bit of Hartz delectable lickables in the stew flavors. I always keep them on hand now and divide a package among three cats each morning to give their meds.
I send prayers and healing vibes to your little one, I ask that God watches over him and helps him get a little stronger every day. Love is the most soothing and healing cure there is, I'm sure with you surrounding him with your love he will somehow find the strength to fight this thing. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.......

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor guy. The vertigo is probably because he is weak from the virus. Hopefully and likely it will pass as he recovers. That he has no fever and is regaining weight is a really good sign. Wishing a further speedy recovery to your boy.
Thank you for mentioning this. I was thinking what is going on that now this is the symptom. I was so worrying it was something attacking his nervous system. We are back this morning to the vets for a checkup, possibly more tests. Yesterday he vomited all over my daughter which scared her but I know this was the vertigo. Our vet is very good, she called him right away and he told her it was ok and to wait a couple of hours and try a very small feeding. I'm going to take it as a good sign that after that he was actually moving around a bit more - although hard to watch. He walked out of our bedroom (where I was keeping him quiet) to the hall closet. Then we brought him back to the bedroom for the night and he moved to a new spot. Then this morning he was back in our closet sleeping. I will also take it as a good sign (although I know that they purr when stressed) that now when I talk to him or reach in he starts to purr. For awhile he wasn't doing it at all. Please keep praying friends, I couldn't help but think bad thoughts and I'm have been so scared to look for anything as a good sign.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He crossed the rainbow bridge last night. The vet thinks it was probably FIP since we tested for so many other things. I am so sad.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I saw your post in the crossing the bridge forum. I have asked the mods to lock this thread as we always do out of respect for a lost little one. May he RIP. :rbheart: :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.