Prayers and Vibes for my DH

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH has been having chronic diarrhea off and on for about three years. He finally went to the doctor this week. Yesterday he went in for blood and urine tests, x-rays of his chest, lower and upper abdomen, and a bag with specimen bottles for three days worth of stool samples. (I have POOP in my fridge!!, ewwwww!!)

He has a follow-up appointment on October 5th. Depending on the test results, he may need to see a GI for a colonoscopy. He had one of those years ago and had a couple of polyps removed.

Be praying that this is not something serious. I know that if there are polyps, they remove them and send to pathology. I am very concerned and of course the first thing that comes to mind is the big C!!

Thanks

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your poor dh. I had poop in my freezer once (daughter's)--called it a "poopsicle!"

With diarrhea symptoms, it's much more likely that he has something like colitis or Crohn's disease than cancer. It could also be something as "simple" as IBS or...yuck...a PARASITE. Sounds like the doctor is being very thorough, which is good.

for the dh and for you! 'Rhea is no fun, and neither is worrying!

Cally

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father also suffers from chronic and debilitating diarrhea. He was diagnosed with Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth Syndrome(SIBO.) It is treated with several courses of antibiotics. Apparently, the antibiotics work better for some, as my father still has had flare-ups lasting months, for the last 7 years. Have your husband's GI doctor perform the Hydrogen breath test for bacterial overgrowth, to rule that out. Good luck to you and your husband. I know from experience how significantly this problem can negatively impact a person's lifestyle and mental outlook.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can definitely relate to your hubby right now on the stomach issues. I will be sending lots of prayers and vibes his way (and some for your nerves!!)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you can't help worrying, but please remember that lots of other things can be the cause of his problems besides the big "C". He'll be in my prayers.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah.... that everything will be ok.

I was having issues for quite a while. Had all the tests - including checking for Celiac Disease. Turns out I have microscopic colitis - or collagenous colitis which can hit in the 50's and later.... (I'm 51)

I am on Asacol which is $$$$ but is working quite well, along with a bland, low residue diet.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I hope your DH will be fine.

Many years ago, my DH started out that way. It turns out that his intestine had wrapped around his stomach and, after 3-4 years of pain and suffering, the hospital finally figured it out. They operated to remove about 3 feet of intestine and he's been fine since. The doctor told him that he was born that way, but it doesn't really do anything until the person gets close to their 40s....for whatever reason. Then it starts to cause problems. He lost about 25 pounds during that time (which he has since gained back!
).

Many for your DH and a
for you.