Potential ear issue

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. What else can you tell us? How long has it been this way? Does this cat go outside? Any signs of this on the other cat, or other places on this cat? Any scratching going on? Is it growing in size? Is there any sign of irritation, as I can't tell that from the pic.

Without knowing more, or even if we do, there might not be any clear indication of what this could be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatOwner Triplets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi FeebysOwner.

Apologies for the lack of information

Been like day for around 3-5 days
Yes cat goes outside
No signs of it on other cats
Only on 1 ear
Don't see any scratching happening
I touch the ear and can't doesnt take notice
Cat just purring away without issues

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What makes your cat's situation particularly tough is the fact this is only affecting one place on her body, and that you don't seem to think she is itchy from it or scratching at it. It might just be that pic, but it looks like the skin might be scaly?

It could be the beginnings of ringworm, but if that is the case, I would expect that you will find additional spots turn up in the very near future. And, since ringworm is contagious, it might result in your other cats having similar spots appear. However, ringworm is typically itchy.

It could simply be something that she had happen to her while outside and if it isn't a recurring event, the area may grow hair back over time. It might also be allergy related, but again, having only one spot is unusual.

At this point, I suppose you can just keep an eye on it, see if it grows or spreads, and watch for itchiness and/or irritation. You might take pics of it routinely to monitor it for progression and so that you can share them with a vet should the need arise to have her looked at. However, any changes in her behavior/eating/drinking/litter box use, or you see growth/spread, I would probably not hesitate in getting her checked out by a vet.