posterior capsulotomy surgery

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had this procedure following cataract surgery?
I had cataract surgery in 2019.I had a visit with the ophthalmologist recently and he told me cells were growing under the lens (or some such thing) and scheduled me for laser surgery to correct it. The more I read about it, the more nervous I become based on potential (supposedly rare) side effects.
I undertand it's a very common procedure, and I was told I might need it eventually after the surgery was performed, so it's not a surprise.
So, I was wondering if anyone who has had this procedure can help calm my apprehension. Or should I just chicken out and cancel?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry no experience with this type of ophthamology surgery but could you get a second opinion if you're apprehensive? Thinking of you and sending special thoughts your way. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry no experience with this type of ophthamology surgery but could you get a second opinion if you're apprehensive? Thinking of you and sending special thoughts your way. :vibes::vibes::vibes:
Thanks, I appreciate it! It's a very common procedure, takes about 5 minutes. The ophthamologist gets good ratings. I don't think I need a second opinion, I'm just a little nervous because it's my eyes and there are potential side effects. But I understand if I don't get it done, it will just get progressively worse. So...I guess I just have to have it done and hope for the best :winkcat:

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is the same thing. I had cataract surgery several years ago and at that time I was told the lenses could get cloudy and the problem would be corrected by laser surgery. If progressively worse means risking blindness it would be best to go ahead and get it done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is the same thing. I had cataract surgery several years ago and at that time I was told the lenses could get cloudy and the problem would be corrected by laser surgery. If progressively worse means risking blindness it would be best to go ahead and get it done.
Yest, it's the same thing. They told me when I had the cataract surgery thsi might happen. There's some nasty suff that can happen from the procedure too. Before I started reading about it, I wasn't worried.