Possibly urgent. Does anyone know what this is?

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That looks painful, I'd definitely take him to the vets. Its hard to tell from the picture what is going on, does it look like a burn/scold?
Has he done it in the home or outside,?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Nothing for him to burn himself on. He doesn't seem like he is in pain at all. I don't see any blood either. And no, he stays inside. Never goes out

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nothing for him to burn himself on. He doesn't seem like he is in pain at all. I don't see any blood either. And no, he stays inside. Never goes out
I don't think it warrants an out of hours vet visit but I'd probably get it looked at just for the fact cats are pretty good at masking pain. Its hard to tell from the picture its severity.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
He finally sat still long enough for me to grab him and feel.

It's NOT fresh, now that I can feel it I can tell it's scabbed over. He has a long similar scab/scar on both sides of the back of his legs that he's had since we adopted him. Never figured out what caused them... I'm guessing this is part of that since it isn't fresh at all. It's bumpy and scabby like the rest.

I don't think he's in any pain because he runs, plays, jumps, eats fine, etc. I do think maybe it is itching him though... I just wish I knew what it was from.

My mom thinks maybe a cat fight from before we adopted him