Possibly Overdue Queen? Thought She Went Into Labor On Sunday

nicolemarie0526

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone!

Like the title says, I think my queen is overdue. We noticed her gaining some weight and realized she was pregnant back in December, around the 20th. I don't know exactly when she got pregnant though.

On Sunday night she began vocalizing a lot and became VERY affectionate (she's not the affectionate type). She doesn't leave my side! On Monday she had a little bit of pink disharge that quickly went away, only a few stains on the towel. Her vulva seemed to be dilating and looked a little swollen so I thought for sure those babies would be coming soon. Fast forward to today and nothing! She doesn't seem distressed, isn't vocalizing anymore, but her vulva doesn't seem as open and swollen as before. I'm worried that something is wrong but can't jump to the vet just yet unless its a grave emergency. Could it have been false labor? Should I be worried? Thank you in advance!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you feel or felt the kittens move??

If you noticed she is prob preg 20 dec she conceived as latest 1 dec.
Which isnt possible.
Ergo you dont have no real timetable.
False pregnancy???

Anyway I think a vet visit is wise. Not emergency but as soon you can arrange it.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ, that it would be best to arrange a vet visit. As far as I know, false pregnancies aren’t terribly common in cats, but they can happen, so it would be best to get her checked out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicolemarie0526

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s not a false pregnancy, my time line is probably off. Her belly is huge and hanging and I’ve felt the kittens move.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then, it very well might be time for a vet visit to ensure mom cat is o.k. and things are progressing normally, but just slower.

Please keep us updated! Hope everything goes well.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It’s not a false pregnancy, my time line is probably off. Her belly is huge and hanging and I’ve felt the kittens move.
Ok, good to know! Do you know when you were first able to feel the kittens moving? Delivery is usually two weeks past then.

nicolemarie0526

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Before Sunday she didn’t let me touch her belly for long,so I started feeling them as of Sunday night. I just looked at her nipples and aside from being huge, they had some milk residue on them.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Before Sunday she didn’t let me touch her belly for long,so I started feeling them as of Sunday night. I just looked at her nipples and aside from being huge, they had some milk residue on them.
Milk production usually starts a day or two before delivery, so it shouldn’t be too long now!

nicolemarie0526

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to update - she gave birth in the middle of the night to 3 kittens. Two stillborn, one who was pushing through but just passed away as well :/. Mom cat is doing fine thankfully, but we are all heartbroken </3

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to learn about the kittens. Now please get her spayed.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might ask your vet if he knows of an orphaned litter,which you could let your kit raise. It would help ease her grief at losing her kits and give them a good start in life.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might ask your vet if he knows of an orphaned litter,which you could let your kit raise.
Kflowers has an excellent idea! You could do a google search for any local rescue groups you could call to see if they had any kittens that needed a lactating mom. From what I have read on TCS, the kittens need not all be from the same litter.

Good luck and sorry for the loss. Keep us updated, please!