Possible UTI? 10 week old

Cecropia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First day it happened at night he vomited 3 times within an hour he was fine all day before it happened . But did have diarrhea twice . Thought maybe he had overeaten since he did steal my other cats food without me noticing . But then I watched him straining to pee in the litter box then he went to sleep - looks like he was uncomfortable by the way he was sleeping. Second day he was very energetic but had decreased appetite, he ate on his own twice but other 2 meals wasn't interested..at the beginning of the day checked the litterbox , mostly solid stools with a bit of diarrhea but no pee so I went and got homeo UTI+ (Kitty safe) and by the second acute dose , he peed 10 minutes later . But then after he went to sleep again and he looked uncomfortable again. But then after 2-3 of sleep he woke up very energetic.
Third day he was still energized until he peed..still decreased appetite but able to eat 3/4 times on his own . It's like the pain of peeing causes him discomfort so he sleeps for a while then is back energized . But some mornings he isn't as energized . I would think he is getting better until he pees. Also he has been more interested in wet food then dry food sometimes . But other times he eats the dry food with no problem. Does this sound like a UTI? I don't see any worms in his feces or vomit. So I wouldn't think he has both.
He's usually goes to the litterbox to pee about 3 times but has only been doing it once a day
Decreased appetite
Still drinking water
He been having diarrhea sometimes. Had turds yesterday but today had diarrhea with solid stool but mostly diarrhea .
Decreased energy at times especially after peeing
Sleeping after peeing or looks uncomfortable

I also dabbed this pee with toilet paper and didn't see anything off . Also he vomited yesterday but I also saw a good amount of fur with it and also in his stool , so I'm thinking that has to do with a hairball even though he has never had an issue with that before but he has been grooming more then usual.
I'm very tight on money so I'm hoping this homeo UTI works but if not I will take him to the Vet by Monday hoping it's nothing crazy expensive.

Also I tried feeling his bladder to see if it is full but couldn't feel anything . He wasn't in pain from what I can tell when I was doing it. His stomach did feel a bit hard . It's always been a little hard so I'm not sure what is not the norm.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
His extremely young age makes this crucial that he receive some veterinary care. We aren't vets, so can't tell you for sure what this is, but from your description I would agree that something is going on with his urinary tract. But he is also having decreased energy and appetite and diarrhea which could be related to this, or other conditions. I realize you are trying to figure out what is going on, but you will not necessarily feel anything or see anything on toilet paper and this does not rule out that he might be very ill.

He needs to see a vet asap. It is likely that he needs antibiotics and the homeopathic formula will not do anything to cure an infection which is why you are seeing repeated discomfort.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cecropia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His extremely young age makes this crucial that he receive some veterinary care. We aren't vets, so can't tell you for sure what this is, but from your description I would agree that something is going on with his urinary tract. But he is also having decreased energy and appetite and diarrhea which could be related to this, or other conditions. I realize you are trying to figure out what is going on, but you will not necessarily feel anything or see anything on toilet paper and this does not rule out that he might be very ill.

He needs to see a vet asap. It is likely that he needs antibiotics and the homeopathic formula will not do anything to cure an infection which is why you are seeing repeated discomfort.
Okay I will be taking him to the vet tomorrow as I did not know it was serious because of his age.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Let us know how he is. A UTI is serious in any cat, but especially in a kitten so young.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Vomiting and diarrhea are not symptoms of a cat UTI. He needs to see a vet