Possible pregnant cat and leaking blood? Throwing up and diarrhea

Rose94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today I came home to a pile of diarrhea and my cat never goes outside of her litter box while cleaning that she vomited a clear mucus I assumed it’s because of the suspected pregnancy but now she’s leaking a pinkish fluid from her bottom and I’m scared I can’t afford any surgery’s right now any idea if she’s just miscarrying or if she’s sick?

Went to check on her after cleaning her and she’s still leaking this pink chalky looking liquid

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If your cat is very close to delivery of her kittens, the discharge may be part of the birth process. It may be clear or blood tinged. What concerns me is that you have said that the cat's pregnancy is only "suspected". Do you have any kind of a time frame for the conception/pregnancy. Cat pregnancies last about 65 days.

If this is not within range, along with the diarrhea or vomiting, this could signal something serious with the pregnancy, or with another condition such as pyometra.

Miscarrying or sick could be be causes for concern. If you have access to any veterinary care, even a rescue or advice from a shelter, it would be best to seek it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rose94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s 15months old the suspected mating happened July 11th/12th so about halfway through the possible pregnancy I tried calling her vet today but they are closed till Monday I am also scared it could be Pyometra

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Any way that this is being calculated indicates a problem. She is not about to give birth. If this is pyometra (and I think at this point you have to consider that until proven otherwise), it moves very quickly. An early intervention is easier on the cat and less expensive for you. Look for an ER to which you can take her.

If she mated on June 11 ( I know that you said July 11 but that would only be a couple of days ago), and if this is not pyometra, it is definitely complications and she still needs to see a vet urgently.

Pyometra in Cats | VCA Animal Hospital | VCA Animal Hospitals
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life - TheCatSite

Rose94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you I will call around and see if I can find something in my price range and if not I’ll start a go fund me

Rose94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well she was taken to the vet today I had to borrow the money from my family until I get my first check as I was finally cleared to go back to work they gave her a shot of antibiotics and ten days worth of a liquid medication im praying that works cause the surgery is way out of my price range