Possible Misscrraige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moocat90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, new to this site.
I found you guys in absolute desperation.
I have two cats one rag doll and one tabby. My tabby has had 2 litters previously and everything went smoothly. Healthy mummy, and kittens.
This time however i noticed she lost part of her nucus plug last week and have just been waiting for other signs. Yeaterday she started vaginally bleeding lottle bits all day. Then it got to last night and it was clear to me she was in labor. However this is what is confusing me, at about 11pm she started pushing and gave birth to a little tiny kitten tgat wasnt fully formed. It is now 7am and no more pushing or blood or kittens she just seems relaxed and chilled out.

Now my question is, Do all the kittens die. from this misscrraige or will her pregnancy continue? Ive never seen this so im very confused.

Little side note. I have no 24 gour vets in my neighborhood and most vets are now shut till the new year so im pretty stuck with this one

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is entirely possible for a cat to miscarry a kitten without losing the entire litter. It usually will happen if there is something wrong with the kitten or it isn’t going to survive. Although it can also happen if there is something medically wrong with Mom. The best bet is to see a vet as soon as possible to ensure the health of Mom and any other kittens.

How old is Mom and when were the last two litters? Having more then two litters in a 12 month period can also lead to problems with pregnancy and kittens. This is a pro spay and neuter site. Since you aren’t a registered breeder I do recomm nd getting Mom and Dad fixed so you don’t have any more litters. Millions of cats and kittens die every year for want of a good home. The fewer kittens that get needlessly added to the overpopulation the better it is for the others.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree completely with above. But the short answer for the moment is, if momma is ok now no visible troubles you can relax somewhat. Obseeve closely but you can wait and see.

Be sure give calcium rich food asap and proceed with it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moocat90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately i couldnt get her to the vet in time and we lost her not long after i made the post Horrible day.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh Ko! Gosh! That was unexpected your first post didnt sounded alarming. What happened?

It wont help your late dear but we will learn..,

Im deeply sorry feeling with you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moocat90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was doing so well, we had her bleeding under control and she was purring and happy... eating and walking around that's why i wasnt to concerned for her at the time. Me and my partner understand how many kittens are out there that dont have homes...how many owmers are just seldish and keep breeding to make a quick dollar we have taken in and rehomed many over the years because our hearts go out to all animals... the timing was just all wromg, we were just about to desex her but my wife wemt into labor a few days before her appointment at the vet and she escaped while we were at the hospital and she was on heat so unfortunately it happened again.. daddy kitty has been desexed just after last litter so he wasn't the father to this most recent litter... Long story short my wife stayed up all night trying to save her but she couldnt and its crushed her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So she continued to bleed?
And instead of stopping it become more and more profusely bleeding??

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about this :( You did all you could.

Out of respect, we close threads when one has passed. Do feel free to post on the crossing the bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.