Portland, Maine Boy Cat Needs Good Home

CatMan81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I have an orange tabby, he's about 2. He's smart, sweet and full of energy. Super cuddly, loves to fall asleep in my lap.

He's unfortunately too spirited and curious for my studio apartment. He needs a larger house, with more rooms and more people.

He's fine with my other cat, they're pals. He does try to dominate the other when they play fight, and the domination is expressed usually through initiating the play fighting and annoying the other cat.

He's a vocal cat, especially at night, but I think with an actual house with staircases to run up, and rooms to explore, he'd be a happier cat, with less bottled up energy.

I love and adore him, and saying goodbye won't be easy.

But he needs more room.

I do not want to take him back to the shelter, nor do I want to post on Craigslist. I want to find a true cat person, who will care for and respect young Reginald.

So, anyone in Southern or Midcoast Maine on here want a great kitty cat? Know someone local who does?

Let me know, and thanks.

IMG_20170202_151757838_HDR.jpg

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like Maine Coon mix!! You could try asking on the FaceBook group, Maine Coon Cat Lovers - he is gorgeous! Maybe give less details because some people do not realize that sometimes "true love is letting go." My MC lives at my old place and mostly hangs out at the neighbors who have Aussie Sheperds and Border Collies - energetic pals. I am full time family caregiver of 3 and have 2 stay at my mom's and here, JC would have to be inside only and I have no time to walk him.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
C CatMan81 your kitty is adorable! If I were closer I'd roar on over and take him into my big house with 5 other cats, including another Maine Coon mix (if that's what yours is).

But, I'm a bit far, on the other side of a large continent.

All that said, I'd keep your nice kitty if I were you.

Yes, he's a bundle of energy, but cats don't need the space that a dog does; I suspect his runnings are harder on you than on him. I've had young cats, both when I was young myself, and more recently, and they all do the same things; run back and forth across the house, climb-climb-climb-climb over everything, then jump in your lap. Then conk out cold, wake up and do it all over again.

With time, he'll simmer down a lot (like people, too). He'll gradually appreciate longer and longer naps and lap-sits, and shorter and shorter climb-climb-climb marathons. Most important, you love him and he loves you, so why make a change you don't have to?

If you disagree, bless your heart for wanting what's best for him, but you might get a much bigger place eventually.

Let us know what you do and how things turn out.