Pooping Outside The Box?

Megan S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Cat People,

My 1 year old tordie may or may not be pooping outside the box... I find one turd outside the box about every 2 weeks. She is long haired and so I thought it was just getting stuck to her, but it is always in the same place and it is very far from the box. It's always outside my bedroom door, next to her cat tree (if that matters). She always does it when I'm not home or asleep. I clean her boxes at least once a day. I don't know if it's getting stuck to her and it's just a coincidence or if she's trying to tell me something... And if it is a behavior problem how do I go about fixing it? I'm at a loss here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

-Megan

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is she constipated? On the day that you find the turd, do you find the rest of her business in the box? There are possibilities, like she is jumping down from her cat tree and not making it to her box with the first little bit. Or you are right and it is getting stuck to her and falling off when she jumps up. Can you move her box closer to her tree and see if still happens? And try trimming the hair on her tail and back legs. It also could be a behavior issue because she is mad at you, but in that case, it would most likely be her entire business. If it's not her entire business for the day, it seems more accidental to me.