Poop On My Oven???

Kittenlover99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone! I hope someone could help me!!

First of all i want to make it perfectly clear that my cat has been to the vet and is taking medicine for a problem, however the peeing and pooping in inappropriate places is still going on and according to the vets “might not stop until its fixed” also they have a litter robot (self cleaning litter tray) so please dont advise me stuff i have already done.

However im getting very exhausted , every day when i go into my kitchen, shes peed all over my counter tops, pooped on my oven, peed all over the floor, and shes now gone and peed all over my sofa, every day im having to scrub my house with lemon stuff but even this doesnt seem to work as shes not detered my it atall,

Is there anything i can do in the mean time to stop this????? Please help

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple questions - how old is this cat and has it ever used it’s litterbox? Are there other pets In the house it may be trying to avoid?

Two things I would try if you have not already. Put down a regular extra large litter box. Your cat may be telling you it dislikes the self cleaning type. And you must clean up the spots where it has gone with an enzyme based cleaner like Nature’s Miracle rather than lemon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittenlover99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A couple questions - how old is this cat and has it ever used it’s litterbox? Are there other pets In the house it may be trying to avoid?

Two things I would try if you have not already. Put down a regular extra large litter box. Your cat may be telling you it dislikes the self cleaning type. And you must clean up the spots where it has gone with an enzyme based cleaner like Nature’s Miracle rather than lemon.
She is almost 2 years old, she has had every type of litter box and she uses them perfectly fine, and she will use the litter robot, we have 3 other cats, all of which she likes, one of them she’s iffy on but it has never been a problem and to explain further I don’t just wipe my house with lemon, I fully clean with enzyme killer then use lemon to stop her, but to avail

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone! I hope someone could help me!!

First of all i want to make it perfectly clear that my cat has been to the vet and is taking medicine for a problem, however the peeing and pooping in inappropriate places is still going on and according to the vets “might not stop until its fixed” also they have a litter robot (self cleaning litter tray) so please dont advise me stuff i have already done.

However im getting very exhausted , every day when i go into my kitchen, shes peed all over my counter tops, pooped on my oven, peed all over the floor, and shes now gone and peed all over my sofa, every day im having to scrub my house with lemon stuff but even this doesnt seem to work as shes not detered my it atall,

Is there anything i can do in the mean time to stop this????? Please help

Nature's Miracle gets rid of smell and scent.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you put her in a room with her litter box food water and bed? Yes, by herself.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats avoid the litter box because they have a reason, it is up to us to find out what. That 'iffy' relationship may be more than your think. Cat's hide illness very well, physical and emotional. my cat peed all over for a year after we moved and he saw all the ferals outside. He DID stop when he became comfortable. It will be hard, but you might confine her to one area until she learns to always use the box. I put clear carpet runner with the little 'nubs' up to keep mine from peeing on difficult places to clean, like couches and carpet. It is easily moved and placed back. Please try to remember it WILL end as soon as she accepts what is bothering her. She is very insecure about something in there and is marking things to make herself more secure, I hope you figure out what it is. I know how frustrating this can be, it is no fun. I know it's hard, but give her extra attention and treats, maybe buy some calming treats on Amazon and use a lesser dose to see if it will calm her. Call your vet first and ask.
PS the'cooking areas' are intriguing. Can it possibly be a person that is 'bringing' in a a scent that is scaring her, of another animal or something she doesn't like? Has there been strangers in the house, and on the couch? Just a thought!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was her diagnosis from the vet? And what medication is she on?

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you just have the one litter box for all three cats? Sorry if you said and I didn't catch it. Do you keep them scooped clean and all that?
Maybe one of the other cats is not letting her use the box because it sounds like if she is going on counters and the tops of things, she is sort of out of reach, higher, maybe doesn't want the other cats bothering her.
Just a thought.

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I want to ask the same question as Timmer as well....to be sure, you have 4 cats (same as me, congrats to you!!!) But how many boxes? And...where are they?

(FYI, my boy used to pee/spray on my couches or my front door. That stopped once I put a box in the living room, near the front door.)

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Kittenlover,
I'm going through the same thing with my cat at the moment, so I empathize. Just finished antibiotics for a UTI two weeks ago, now has a clean bill of health from the vet and am working on having to retrain litter box habits. It's a frustrating situation, and you really just need to take it one day at a time.

First, I just want to say that your vet might be right. It's hard to retrain litter box habits if your cat is still feeling sick. My cat also pees in the kitchen at night. I wound up putting puppy pads on the floor where he pees - seems cleaner than putting a litter box in there, and still catches the mess. The clean up time is much quicker as well.

One thing you might consider limiting your girl's access to the house when you can't supervise her. I've also been encouraging my cat to use his regular boxes by making a fuss over him / giving him a treat when he uses them. It's not a magic bullet, but I have seen slow improvement. We are down from spraying 5 nights a week, to spraying 2 nights.

The key to solving your cats elimination issues is to figure out why she is doing it. Obviously being sick is a major factor, but there is also a reason why she is choosing certain locations to pee on. Could she be trying out different textures seeking relief from pain? If so you could try different litter boxes with alternative litters in them, like an empty plastic box for that cool countertop feel, one with an old towel, etc... Is she choosing the kitchen because something about that space makes her feel territorially insecure? Then you will need to figure out/address the insecurity.

Good luck!