Poop getting stuck

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So my hairball guy is having a different issue this time. Hair seems to travel through his intestine and is about to come out the right way - with poop, but for some reason it gets stuck in Musiaka's bum! The poops hangs on a bunch of hair and he runs out dragging his butt on the floor, trying to get it off. I investigated and there was a hairball in the poop and it was hanging on the hair in his bum (mind you - not my hair, Musiaka's hair!).

We have been cleaning the poop smears from the floor the whole week - it doesn't happen everytime he poops, but when it does, there's pieces of hair infused poop pieces in different places. How do we deal with this?
Musiaka already receives malte paste, egg yolk and digestive enzymes (also liver supplement)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had such situation before as well, mostly during summer. Not sure if it's dehydration due to heat? Musiaka doesn't drink water now that he only gets canned. Neither from his cup (far from both food bowl and litterbox, he used to drink from it before), nor the water fountain. Just ignores water alltogether. And when he was on kibble he would drink from all possible water sources. Maybe even on canned he is dehydrated so the poops dont come out right?
Cause hair in it mean there is some motility going on after all and is able to pass through the hair, not only puke it out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I try to syringe some water into his mouth, but he resists so much, tilts his head up, chokes and almost immmediately throws the water up

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Be careful about syringing water into his mouth if he is resistant as you don't want it to go down the wrong way. I have to admit that I don't have any spectacular ideas about what else to give him. There are lists online that suggest butter and oils but I have never personally done that. Do you suspect any anal gland issue which is causing him to scoot?