PMR model...how do you add supplements?

oyster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have asked this question several times but I haven't received any concrete info.
I will be switching to 100% raw diet next month and have started on the easier method of ground everything and mixing the supplements so that they are easily distributed throughout the meal.
I will be switching to the PMR model and cutting up chunks of meat for my cats. From all the videos and blogs I have watched and read, people just sprinkle the supplement on top of the food before feeding. I have no problem doing this as I already do this for my CKD cat.
My question is: How do sprinkle supplements in such tiny amounts every day? I don't have mg measuring spoons. Should I just give them the supplement for the entire week in one go and leave the rest of the meals unsupplemented (if that's a word)?
For example: my 12.4 lb cat needs 10mg/Vit. E per day. He needs 0.1 g of Taurine per day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oyster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are not new to this site, so you might have already done a search for previous threads about PMR, but just in case you didn't, maybe some of these might have helpful information?
Search Results for Query: PMR model | TheCatSite
Thank you but I already did a search and did not see a response to my question. Most people here are based in the US and offer premixes of supplements that are easily measurable in spoons or ounces. I do not have access to completer meal supplements like Alnutrin nor do I want to use them.
I have already purchased Vit. E 100 IU, Zinc, Taurine, Kelp and Fish oil supplements. I just am not sure how I can divide a powder that has 65 mg of iodine in it, for example, into the daily requirements of 0.1 mg a day.
Also, several animal nutritionists have advised against adding supplements like water soluble vitamins or fish oil in large quantities of meat as they will be lost. The preference is for daily rationing. So I was looking for an answer to that specific problem.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not sure this is going to help any, but would getting mg-based measuring spoons help? Do you have access to Amazon? I know they have these spoons on Amazon in the US, but Amazon is farther reaching than just the US.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oyster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The lowest mg available is 5 mg. I have looked into precision scales which measure 0.01 mg but I don't see myself taking that out every morning and measuring everything.
I have bought some cheap plastic spoons that measure about 5 mg so it is a start. And yes, I bought them on Amazon. :)

Thank you for your suggestions.