Pls Advise

T&L

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have rescued brother and sister short hair domestic cats 2,and half year,s old fixed both at around 8 months, then in may 2017 she had a accident got knocked on lower back with a bird bath, thank God no permanent damage, but since then he attacks her, they very close most of the time, last night I just could get to her in time and his claw ripped her cornea, I have been to vet got dridr and pain med,s and has a cone on, she goes back to vet Monday morning, I have not slept she is not doing well In the cone I,m so traumatized and have her in my room he want,s to attack her all the time.,. How am I going to deal with this In future my husband and I fight everyday he says I have to get rid of them, I,m devestated they my babies, can he take calm medicine permanently I just don't know what to do. I,m in Durban, South Africa

Freddy's mom

Freddy Kruger
Kitten
Purraise
HAVE you gotten him checked out as well? I would let the vet know Monday what is still going on. But until then if you can keep them separated then do that. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

T&L

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HAVE you gotten him checked out as well? I would let the vet know Monday what is still going on. But until then if you can keep them separated then do that. Good luck.
Thank you, yes I take them both regularly

Freddy's mom

Freddy Kruger
Kitten
Purraise
That's a good thing. I really hope they find out why he is being so mean towards her.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it's been going on for a long time, you can put them both on Prozac (or other anti-anxiety medication, whatever your vet feels is best). Him for the aggression and her to make her more confident, because if she keeps slinking around he'll still want to attack her. They may only need to meds for a short time, just to reset the whole situation. But since it's been almost a year and a half already (!), I think it's time to try medication.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

T&L

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since it's been going on for a long time, you can put them both on Prozac (or other anti-anxiety medication, whatever your vet feels is best). Him for the aggression and her to make her more confident, because if she keeps slinking around he'll still want to attack her. They may only need to meds for a short time, just to reset the whole situation. But since it's been almost a year and a half already (!), I think it's time to try medication.
Thank you I feel so much better knowing there is hope