Please Need Your Help

typhons

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I fostered a 5 weeks kitten who is now 11 weeks old. I got him weaned and eating wet food. But as he had trouble growing weight I started pouring some kitten milk on his wet food to get him interested. The problem is that I can't wean him of this. If he has no milk he just does not eat, I tried switching brands and flavor it's like he does not know its food. And then he became pickier and pickier and today I had a hard time getting him to eat at all. I am so worried. He is weighting 1340 and has plateau-ed there. I am worried that by wanting a lot more kmr than milk he is lacking vital nutriments. I have tried putting tiny amount of milk or no milk but several hours later he had ate nothing. He does not eat dry food, but he will eat treats and a bit of gerber meat food (for his nail trimming session).
Please let me know how I should procede and how worried should I be

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will he eat the wet food if it's mixed with the kitten milk replacer?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

typhons

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes he will. He prefers certain brands but if there is not a bit of milk on top he does not.
Did I do something wrong? :(

His weight is ok right? i need to get him of of his plateau but it's not too bad right?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep feeding him what he'll eat for now. If he just needs a little milk added in, that's not a problem. I think his weight is ok.