Please help!

newman-aleks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My mum is refusing to take the cat to the vet. He is not eating, or sleeping or even going toilet. He’s been getting worse since Saturday so for 4 days now.

He is breathing with his mouth open and it sounds like wheezing.

He use to drink dirty pond water so i think it’s lungworms. I am waiting for Panacur Liquid to arrive.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to see a vet asap.or emergency. Keep begging your mom or find a friend to drive you. How long has he been with out food.? He needs to eat something. Even baby food

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can't assume that it is lungworms. It could be a respiratory virus or a heart issue or something not related to parasites.

Can you take the cat to the vet on your own, getting a ride from a neighbor or someone? Are you a minor?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you have other family members to appeal to for help?

If you are not of age to take the cat to a vet on your own and/or cannot find family members/friends to try to convince your mother that this cat needs to be seen by a vet, then I would suggest you call some local rescue shelters/centers, even the SPCA, to ask for advice on how to proceed.

There are a ton of things that could be going on, and I would not count on Panacur to be the resolution.

Hoping that you can find some help - and, soon. Keep us posted, please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newman-aleks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No i’m not a minor, but i live 1h20 mins away. I am going to try and travel over lunch tomorrow and force her to take him

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can tell you how to upload a video, but under the circumstances and based on what you have described, I don't think it is going to get you any more resolution to this cat's issues. I wish you had family/friends/etc. that live by your mum that you could appeal to for help until you can get there.

How to upload a video | TheCatSite