Please Help!

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I have two cats who are normally really good eaters. I had to leave a little over a week ago for training and since I have been gone my girl cat (who normally licks her bowl clean) is being a huge pain about eating. She is barely eating any of her meals. My BF has tried different food and for some meals that works and others it doesn't. He said she is having normal poops and isn't acting strange. He is getting tired of playing the will she or won't she eat game. I am gone for about another 2 weeks and I am worried. Any advice I can give him to help her eat is hugely appreciated!

Last edited:

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is she more active/awake more when you are home? Ask your BF to get her playing before feeding her. It might make her more relaxed/hungry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is she more active/awake more when you are home? Ask your BF to get her playing before feeding her. It might make her more relaxed/hungry.
My BF said that he hasn't changed their routine other than having to feed them their breakfast a little later because of work. He sends me pictures and videos where she plays with her brother and is sleeping in the same places as usual so she's not hiding. When I'm home I'm the one that normally does the feeding so I don't know if that might have something to do with it. He loves to play with them so I know they are getting the run around and exercise that they need

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Momto3newkittens! Does your BF think she's eating enough of a calorie intake to sustain herself? What does she normally eat? Wet? Dry?
My Mizu went through a phase of disliking all of her wet food and using bonito flakes as a wet food topper has truly helped her change her opinion on wet food. Maybe your little one needs a little encouragement? I would keep close tabs on it if she isn't eating enough and perhaps a call to the vet just in case it's something unrelated to your absence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Momto3newkittens! Does your BF think she's eating enough of a calorie intake to sustain herself? What does she normally eat? Wet? Dry?
My Mizu went through a phase of disliking all of her wet food and using bonito flakes as a wet food topper has truly helped her change her opinion on wet food. Maybe your little one needs a little encouragement? I would keep close tabs on it if she isn't eating enough and perhaps a call to the vet just in case it's something unrelated to your absence.
Hi RajaNMizu!
We feed them a combination wet and dry diet. She was eating just fine before I left even up to the afternoon I left. She ate all of her breakfast. She has been a stinker in the past about growing tired of her dry food so that could be part of it, but we just started giving her different varieties of wet food about a month ago and that all went really well. Now she doesn't want any of it or even her normal food. He says she is eating parts of meals and then sometimes nothing. This morning she wanted nothing to do with her breakfast. I am thinking about maybe calling the vet since it's been over a week of this, but then again he says she is pooping albeit only once a day. Normally she is a twice a day, basically the same time of day, pooper. Idk I am just worried being so far away and not being able to really help. I'll see if he might add some deli meat to her wet food since she goes wild for that. Thank you!