Please Help

Tedtigerbear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have three female sister indoor cats but on occasions I will go outside with them and sit with them. Yesterday a cat came in my garden which two of my cats chased out. Straight after that both my cats started to fight and ran in, and now all three of my cats are hissing and fighting and so scared. It’s breaking my heart as they all get on so well! Any suggestions please

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
This is normal redirected aggression. Just like when one comes back from the vet smelling funny and everyone else gets their noses bent outta shape.
Give them some time, maybe a little time out in separate rooms for a bit, they'll work it out.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two cats I let out on short visits to the outside and have had this happen twice. Strange cat in the yard followed by my cats fighting with each other. My cats stop when they calm down but for me it is typically minutes and not hours or days.

If you find that you are getting stressed out by the situation you will want to work hard at getting your stress level down. Cats can pick up on your anxiety and get stressed out adding to the problem.

There is the following article on this site about being stressed around your cats.
You, Your Cat And Stress

I hope the dust settles soon and they go back to being friendly to each other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tedtigerbear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats I let out on short visits to the outside and have had this happen twice. Strange cat in the yard followed by my cats fighting with each other. My cats stop when they calm down but for me it is typically minutes and not hours or days.

If you find that you are getting stressed out by the situation you will want to work hard at getting your stress level down. Cats can pick up on your anxiety and get stressed out adding to the problem.

There is the following article on this site about being stressed around your cats.
You, Your Cat And Stress

T

You, Your Cat And Stress

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tedtigerbear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your words of advice and reassurance it’s been a difficult three days. Things are better they can tolerate being in the same room for short periods of time I’m constantly sitting on the floor with them so more on there level. I have mixed things up by given them a hour by themselves and then putting two together but sitting between them as they are still hissing and making noises at each other. It gets worse when two of them pay attention to Tiger who seems more nervous (normally the top girl) I think she feels they are ganging up on her and lashes out! They ate their first meal together although quickly eaten to get away it’s progress. I have ordered a feliway friends just to see if that help but not holding my breath.